Feel like the fact that I am skinny completely excludes me from dating any girls?

I am 19 and I only weigh 120 pounds. Gaining weight is not that easy for me due to many reasons though I am making slow progress.

Anyways I have never had a single girl interested in me in a romantic way, even though I have many positive aspects and do many things in my life. I have travelled all around Europe alone and take a solo trip every 2 months.

Yet I have seen guys of more normal weight who can't even cook an egg and literally spend all day playing video games and don't do anything with their lives. They are maybe not extremely attractive to women but with a little bit of effort they seem to have no issue getting dates or one night stands with most girls.

Meanwhile I seem to have to go the end of the earth and back to be even remotely romantically interesting to a 10% percent of the girls who are even willing to consider me because of my weight.

Is this true or it is just a misconception?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls want a guy that can protect them if necessary. They obviously feel safer around a dude who isn't very small. I don't know how tall you are, but be happy because weight is something you can work on. Are you getting enough calories a day? Skinny guys tend to say they eat a lot and can't get weight, but in the end they get like 1500 calories a day which is a joke. Work on your diet and train hard, you will get girls if you work hard and improve yourself. Good luck!

What Girls Said 7

• You're overreacting.
    Most people can't be romantically appealing to more than 5% of the world's population, so keep calm.
    And there are certainly girls that like skinny guys out there. But if you aren't below average in height, that weight is dangerously underweight. But try to gain tone/muscles rather than just fat.

• Probably a misconception. Or perhaps you are trying with the wrong kinds of women for you.

• Sometimes I feel begin overweight and wearing glasses stop me from begin seen as attractive.

• You sound just like my brother but I think he's actually lighter than you.

The chicks could be paranoid about their own weight vs yours. That if y'all did anything sexual it might make her feel like she's as fat as a whale.

• You're not alone I'm skinny myself too, and gaining weight for me believe or not is like a hit or miss. Having a fast metabolism gets annoying sometimes. There are girls out there that like skinny guys. It could probably just be a misconception.

• Being skinny has nothing to do with it. However, I remember thin guys from high school that, in a few years, are so toned and muscular!! Everyone's body changes after high school, some gain a lot of weight, some lose weight, some build muscles..

• Honestly I don't mind skinny guys. I kinda like them. I think personality counts a lot though.

What Guys Said 7

• Dude im 6ft5 and 65kg (145 pounds?) and it doesn't effect me. Its mainly about confidence, if you just make people happy to be around you then they are attracted to you. Just forget about what people may think and go out and be you, of course some girls might find it a turn off where as others will still find it attractive. What's an ever bigger turn off is being insecure about how you look.
    You sound like you're a fairly interesting guy so just use that to your advantage and remember, just because you haven't noticed a girl that's interested in you doesn't mean that none have been. You just need to pick up the courage to go up to them and find out.

• I was around your weight until recently (128 pounds; 138 now) and have had a good number of women interested in me. Personality makes all the difference in the world: work on your humor, be honorable in all situations, be willing to become a girl's friend for friendship's sake, learn how to really listen, and brush off rejection.

Also, know which women to go after and have realistic expectations. Too many guys complain about lack of interest from the fairer sex, yet they only go for the "hotties" who typically aren't worth pursuing for love anyway, whilst ignoring "normal" / "average" ladies who would make perfect wife or girlfriend material. And, lastly, DON'T be mopey and self-loathing! Women despise that and can smell it from a mile away!

Cheers, mate.

• Ya lift heavy and eat like a horse, get jacked man! Tbh Attention I get from crushes is totally night and day compared to being a skinny little guy!

• most girls like skinny guys. Being skinny is ok, as long as you can tone up. Focus on getting a skinny yet muscular look. Think of Bruce lee, he only weighed 130 pounds. Finally, how tall are you? 120 would be anorexic for a 6ft man but would be healthy for a man that is 5'5

• dude a lot of girls don´t even like muskular guys. a lot of them go for those no muscle at al, skinny jeans wearing dudes. i´m not saying you are one of those, i´m just saying that this kind of body is actually liked by a lot of girls.

• looks matter but you're only 19. itll get better i pormise.

dont listen to these girls who say you're overreacting and all that.

if you want quality, they care about your quality.

• A lot of girls don't like super thin guys, but some girls definitely do.

Your best bet is skinny girls. I mean don't ignore others, but fat girls will likely feel awkward because they're bigger than you. Sorry bro, you'll have to date thin girls.