He's said several times that he likes me, but he just doesn't text much. I shouldn't be worried, right?

We've gone out twice. Long dates though. Six and ten hours, accidentally. Second one we ended up cuddled on the couch watching Netflix, and there was a goodnight kiss. After both of our dates he's said that he thinks I'm pretty amazing, really fantastic, that he likes me (he told me that in person, too), and that he thinks we make a great pair. But as far as regular conversation via text... There isn't much of it. I hear from him pretty sporadically. He just got a promotion at work, so he's pretty busy being trained/training people, and he's preparing for a two month work trip as well. I keep reminding myself that not everyone is a big texter, even if they like someone... I'm not lying to myself, right? I'm a big texter in general, but not everyone is.

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably is busy, combined with being a terrible texter or messenger with said app.

For example, I am absolutely awful with responding to messages on Tinder, so I ask the gal for another means of contact (phone number, kik, snapchat, facebook to use the messenger, etc.) so I can contact her more easily.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely possible that he is just busy at work. I often don't text people at work either because I have so much to get done.

However, when he's done work, is he not free to text you? Now some people are big texters, while other's are not. If this guy isn't big on texting, and he plans to take a 2 month business trip, how are you going to handle that?

If you feel he is too unavailable right now, how are things going to change going forward?

He may think you're great, but if you both have different communication needs, it might cause issues in a relationship.

I would definitely talk to him about your concerns. It's okay to not expect him to text you all the time. But if he goes away a lot and isn't big into texting and keeping touch it can feel very isolating and frustrating. Especially if you are always the one reaching out to him.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah just not a big texter, probably only texts to set up dates and a little after too. 'Cause the point of going on dates is to get to know the other person better. And doing it in person rather than over texts is a lot better. I think you've found yourself a superior man! See what happens when he goes on that work trip though, me might start to miss you a little ;)

• Well if he has told you many time that he likes you, then you shouldn't worry if he is not texting like you do or may be he doesn't take the initiative to text but he does reply when you text him.

• Most men aren't even when they start a new relationship by trying, they can't sustain it.

• He could be really talkative in the literal sense and not a huge texter.

• Seems to be the case. We talk a lot when we're together, and he's 100% present. Not the type to always be on his phone.

• He is just the type that lives in the present then xD.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he doesn't enjoy texting that much. I hate texting as well so I can sort of understand people who don't like it.