How to remain friends with someone you love?

I have strong feelings for my ex, but he acts like a fuckboy. I feel we'd be better as friends, but my heart wants to be more with him and my mind says it's a bad idea. It's driving me insane. How can I be his friend and lose feelings for him?

I know the logical thing would be to stop talking with eachother, but I can't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah that is one of the hardest things to do could say I have some experience in this. but thing you can do is just view them for what they are not someone you love but a friend. As for losing the feelings of love, that is something out of our control, the heart wants what the heart wants, and ti;ll only stop when it's ready.

Most Helpful Girl

• U can't!

What Guys Said 4

• Remaining friends with the one you love is always the hardest thing to do.

• I'm still friends with my ex, so why not, just talk to him like you would normal friend, and there ya go, easy, but the feelings will never fade

• I can talk to him like a normal friend, but eventually talking like a normal friend will turn into something more.

• Not if you restrain yourself, and he's your ex thus meaning he's not gonna let it be anything more, and so the most it could become is friends that have sex if you can control yourself

• if you can avoid him, then it's eazy. or ask him to be responsible.

• Limit your contact with him. It'd be extremely since he's your ex too. Even if it's one sided it's already too hard, your situation is little worse than that.

What Girls Said 4

• The only thing you can do is cut all contact with him. Give yourself 6 months of no talking to or seeing each other. That's the only way you'll ever be able to attempt being friends with him.

• Still talk to him, but less frequently. If only while you find someone else to invest time in again, and then you can talk a bit more to him again.

• It's extremely hard to be friends with someone that you love. It's also hard to just cut them off. So maybe try to ease into it. Talk to him a little less every day. It's kind of a lose-lose situation tbh.

• That is so hard I tried this in the past and the reality you will only be hurting yourself more. Your heart wants what it wants.:-(