Do you agree with this statement?

Do you agree with this statement?
I don't agree. Every person is entitled to have some secrets. I mean, it's not that I would like my parter to keep things from me but I would understand. I think it isn't right to directly assume your partner is cheating on you if he or she doesn't want to share something. If you trust each other you'd know better.

• Yes, I totally agree
  • No, I don't agree

Most Helpful Guy

• I totally agree, if my SO isn't loyal I don't want to be with them, I should be able to implicitly trust them and they me. The only time I would with hold any information is if it's a matter of violating a Non disclosure agreement or confidentiality agreement that may hurt a company or client. I will however speak of those things in general terms but no specifics. Everything else is transparent or disclosed, if she has a problem with how I think, then I would also feel like she was with me for ulterior reasons and not with me for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with it, because if you feel you need to delete/hide things from your SO then you obviously have ulterior motives. It isn't necessarily a case of cheating, it is a case of respecting your partner , and having boundaries within the relationship. My conscience wouldn't allow me to keep things from my SO, i would never be that deceitful

Loyalty is paramount in any relationship. A person's loyalty can tested by what they do when your back is turned. So I would never put myself in a position to have my loyalty questioned by my SO

What Guys Said 11

• "No, I don't agree" + insecure people on do that "let me see your phone" type shit IMHO LOL. Like they're just looking for something to complain about...

• Is texting someone else in a flirty way or something you dont want your partner to see a form of cheating? Eh... Debateable...

Is it however a complete dickhead move, And, If you find yourself doing it does your partner deserve someone better then you? Almost absolutely.

• Sorry, but I agree with it. There is some sort of implied cheating if texts have to be deleted. You are hiding that intent from your SO. You may not have done anything physical, but something is going through your mind.

• It's not cheating, cause it doesn't mean there's any feelings or sexual contact with that other person. But it is a sign of distrust.

• Absolutely true no question about it.

• It's not cheating, no. But it's halfway there, I'd say.

• I agree

• Cheating is when you have sex with someone else. I agree with what you're saying not the statement.

• everyone cheats or at least has cheated

• I don't check their phone and even if they would glance at mine I'm not hiding anything.

• If you want absolute devotion you should get a dog. People are themselves, not an extension of you.

What Girls Said 7

• I agree with it. Having secrets is fine. Purposefully going out of your way to hide information from your partner implies deception.

• I have some insight into this so, yes, I agree. It's not entirely black and white... but from the experience I've been a part of, yeah. Agreed hard.

• It depends on how psychotic and clingy your girlfriend/boyfriend is. Like if you're sending nudes to someone other than your partner, yes that's cheating. But if you have someone you text of the opposite gender on your phone with no feelings attached to it, I don't think your partner should freak out

• I agree with it actually. It's pretty much saying that it doesn't need touch or to be in person for it to be cheating. Flirting with someone over text or sending it like nude pictures, can be seen as cheating too
    I think that's what this message is trying to say

• I agree somewhat. Id say they're halfway there, at least.
    It is sure sketchy af tho.

• I totally agree. If you have to get rid of text messages so that your partner doesn't see them your doing something wrong. You shouldn't be t sting other girls/boys when your in a relationship and have to get rid of the messages

• I feel awful for any guy that dates you