I'm in love with a girl who is hung up on another dude, and who she still has occasional sex with... Should I keep trying or is it a waste of time?

I don't know why it's pink when I'm male but whatever

We met at college (we are juniors) a month ago. For the first 2 weeks we spent hours every day together and she did NOT mention this dude. We made out, and when things progressed she said she couldn't have sex because she was recently hurt and used by another guy.

So okay, I let it be.

We went on our spring break, she went home. Then when we came back, she told me she saw and had sex with him. She said she is still hung up on him and her feelings are strong. She had not planned on sleeping with him or seeing him again but she caved. It angered me because I thought about her and talked to her the whole entire break and still am crazy for her.. I've really fallen for the girl. And this dude she talks about, she said they have sex here and there every few weeks but he doesn't want a relationship, and he also may have Slept with other women while her. I don't get it. am I not good enough? Why is she hung up on a guy like this? This guy is treating her poorly... Should I stick around or will this continue for awhile?

Most Helpful Guy

• Run away from this woman!!! She is using U as a crutch. U are her emotional pillow she uses to comfort and put herself at ease with. If she refused to have sex with U because she was recently hurt and used, yet she turned around and had sex with said dude, she's full of sh*t and is using U. Leave her with your own dignity intact. You've fallen for fool's gold. She was never yours, you are better than she deserves, trust me.

What Guys Said 3

• I didn't need to read the details to know what the answer is. It's a no-go, man. Girls like this are damaged goods and they will not appreciate you staying with them or change. I'm talking from experience here. She's too far gone and doesn't sound like a girl you should even want to be seeing. It's not you. She's too fucked up and would rather be used like a plaything than have someone who actually cares about her. She's no good and you can do better.

• Stick around. It may take awhile, buy she'll get tired of the abuse.

• Dump her ass ! Don't have anything more to with her.

What Girls Said 1

• There is usually no winning a situation like this. If you wait for her, she will take advantage and keep you waiting until the absolute last straw for her and this other guy. If you don't wait, you have no shot with her and she will move on. The best you can do in my opinion is tell her that your feelings are more than causal, and that you are looking to see her exclusively (unlike him)... In which case you are willing to wait some time to let her overcome this past attachment, but only if she makes an effort to separate herself from him and give you a fair shot. On the other end, if you don't want to wait but still would want a chance possibly, tell her that your feelings are too strong to continue seeing her this way with the other guy in the picture, but that you'd love to in the future if she becomes available. Maybe in your absence she will realize how little happiness the other guy offers her. Good luck.