When is it ok to stop calling a guy I used to date my ex and introduce him as just my friend?

I dated a guy for 4 years when I was younger it's been almost 7 years since we stopped and we've been great friends since. I've always introduced him as just 'my friend' to all my friends and to all my boyfriends I had. But I took him to see my mom and I told her 'this is my friend' and she said you mean 'your ex boyfriend' and we argued over it and it got me thinking (when/is it ever ok to introduce my ex as just my friend even to boyfriends?

What Guys Said 1

• to your mom he will always be your EX because you have a history together. you can introduce you EX as a friend to your new B/F but if it ever comes up come clean with it.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know, the only ex boyfriends of mine they I actually call my ex are the ones I don't really like anymore, but the ones I am still friends with I call my friends, if people ask I would tell them we dated but otherwise no one needs to know.

• An ex is an ex!