How to give his stuff back after he reappears from disappearing?

We've seen each other for 2 months, and everything was fine before I went traveling for a week. He even packed a whole suitcase of his clothes and everything he thought I would need during the travel for me. Before I left, he sent a long text and at the end saying talk to me after I'm back. We ran into each other but just said hi friendly. But he never talked to me after I was back. He texted and called me 12 days after I went traveling.
He still have his stuff here and how do I give it back to him? And how do I communicate with he to ask him what's going on? I want to give him a chance to communicate with me but don't want to give him a chance of dating or seeing me again.

I already gave him his stuff today, don't want to save it for later.
But before I gave it to him, we were in class and he gave me something that he said before I left for vacation that he would give me in front of other people and then pretended to be busy and started talking to someone. He didn't say anything after I gave his stuff back and he then sent me text about something he's sure that I would go and wanted to go with him and his other friends next week...
What is he doing right now?

What Guys Said 1

• Text him and ask if he can send someone else to your place to get his suitcase. That sends a rather loud message!

• Thank you! I just sent "I can give your thing back to you tomorrow." And he responded me immediately sent okay back and said he would really love to see my work during my vacation and the project I was doing during last week when I have time.
      Does it mean he only cares about my "work" instead of me as a person. Because he used to mention that he wants to help me with my career to make it brighter.

• I got a post card for him while on vacation cuz his thick warm jacket and equipments helped me a lot while I was travelling. Do I still need to give it to him saying thank you for it at this point?

• Return anything he gave you. That avoids him contacting you to request that you return something.

What Girls Said 1

• "Hey. I have your stuff here. When will you come and take it?"

• I already gave him his stuff today, don't want to save it for later.
      I don't know what he's doing now I'm confused...