Do girls often want to date their male friends like guys want to date their female ones?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how close we are. If we get along extremely well and I really enjoy his company, I probably have thought about dating him. Personally, I want the person I date to be my best friend, so naturally being good friends with a guy makes him seem more dateable. If he's just an acquaintance, then there is a chance I might have thought about dating, but an equal one that he's "friendzoned" as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most people are friends with people they are attracted to on some level, but they don't match up enough for wanting a relationship with that person and the vibe just isn't there. I have hot female friends I've never wanted to date. When I first met them I wouldn't have been bothered by a nice make out session tho lol

What Girls Said 21

• It probably differs with each girl.
    I guess it happens relatively often with me as all 3 of the guys that I've dated in the past were initially my close friends before it turned to more. Including my current boyfriend.

• 98% of my male friends start off as crushes.

• Hasn't happened to me and I don't see it happening, so I voted no.

• Sometimes yes. Not as often as guys do though.

• Sometimes, but i dont care lol.

• If I think he's cute, then yes, because if we're friends then I already know we get along, I can trust him, he probably makes me laugh, etc. etc. But I have lots of guy friends who are think are wonderful great people, but I'm not attracted to them. So as always, it just depends on the guy. But yes, it's definitely not out of the question.

• I have ended up falling for a lot of my guy friends and it's cause I start finding them attractive after I feel comfortable around them

• Want to date my guy friends, yes. Well, most of the time.

• occasionally, depends on which friend. i'd never actually date them though, why? because they're my friend which means there's no initial sexual chemistry.

• Nah, not for me. When i call a dude my friend he's my friend and ain't nothing gonna change that.

• No because if you're in the friendzone its because you're not hot.

• Not me. Wouldn't date a single male friend I've had to this day.

• Boy ain't you heard of the friendzone
    Nooooooooooooo

• Definitely no

• Some females see their male friends more like family members. It varies from woman to woman, but there is also the chance of losing a positive support if the friendship becomes sexual in anyway.

• I think that the thought may cross their minds

• Depends if I have a crush on them but I'm rarely friends with people I'm attracted to so I voted no.

• It depends.

• I had crushes on many male friends when I was younger - but I had to be attracted to him too.

• I became friends with my guy friend because I had a huge crush on him. but then he started mentioning his (long distance) girlfriend. So yeah :-(((

• Can't speak for other girls but I do

What Guys Said 15

• Nope, such instances are very rare. Girls see their friends, male or female, as 'friends' and nothing more.

• Really? Look at the comments. Though I dont want to date anyone But "they" are not that different from us.

• These memes truly represent the female friend zone. Once you enter, its very hard to get out. If you're trying to, ya gotta change the game
    www.blogging4jobs.com/.../...ne-e1412638098108.jpg
    cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/.../...20_friendzone.jpg

• Nope, guys tend to crush more than girls

• Hm, I feel like I determine if I want to date them vs. being a friend quickly and it's hard to cross over from those two buckets.

• Well I never noticed that, but I've seen the opposite. I guess it depends on whether she is attracted to you.

• Friend zone is a very dangerous place.

• It depends. Men won't usually keep a girl around that they aren't attracted to, but women tend to do this more often, statistically.

• A guy's friendzone is a lot harder to escape than a girl's. A girl is just more likely to put you in one

• I would imagine it differs per individual much like it does for us.

• Women don't think about sex as much as we do. They're boring like that sometimes.

• hmmmmmmmm... hmmmmmm, it says here that 58% of women lied when the voted... hmmmmmmmmm

• Yes.. yes I do. At least one in specific.

• Occasionally yes, but generally no. Not nearly as often as men want to date female friends.

• From my experience, it goes same for both guys and girls. Ultimately everything comes to the courage of risking friendships.

• I have told my female freinds 3 different people that I like them and one I'm dating, the second one won't speak to me, and the 3rd became my best freind.