Keep trying or move on?

I'm at a breaking point. I really like this girl, but really frustrated and confused. She sits with me, goes out talks to me, flirts with me, etc. When its just me and her, we joke and talk, but in groups she shys away. However, sometimes she ignores me, or acts cold. Some days she just wants nothing to do with me. I just found out she has been "talking" to another guy. Since she doesn't have a prom date, she keeps bringing up Prom, and I have hinted at wanting to go with her, but no hints of yes back (I hinted because trying to feel things out). However, she texted me saying this "other guy" may want to go with her, and how she "kinda" wants to go with him. Had this whole conversation with her, and at the end, after she could tell I was confused, she said "doesn't matter, he can't go to our prom anyway". Do I move on, or what? What tactic do I use if not, or how to respond to a girl who's hot and cold?

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should move on. I don't believe she is interested in you.

What Guys Said 1

• just ask her if she say nope then move on. Its like ripping a bandaid off, it's just best to get it over with as fast as possible and you'll have your answer