I'm 17 he's 29 ?

I am 17 years old and this guy is 29 . I knew him when I was in high school he used to be a soccer coach for me. He stopped coaching completely and now works somewhere else. ( this was a few years prior before we started talking ) Well recently we started talking and it started off sexual. We sexted over the phone. That led to us starting to catch feelings for eachother. I am interested in him. He tells me he is also interested in me. I told him I do not want to have sex or continue the phone sex. He was perfectly fine with that. We've been getting to know eachother. He recently stopped " seeing " this girl. He tells me they weren't in a relationship but basically he was trying to date her he said. He told me she never seemed interested and said that she just wanted to be friends. He recently went out with her the following weekend. He told me that he is moving on from her though. Yet there are still pictures of them together on social media. He wants to take me on a date but I am tempted to tell him he needs to wait until I'm 18 . Do you think he's playing games with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't even need do read the details. No. He's a pedophile.

• Wait until you're 18, and nobody will object to it.

• How is he a " pedophile" ? Don't pedophiles like young girls who aren't matured? My body is completely filled out and I easily look 19 .

Most Helpful Girl

• Holy shit.
    Nooooo.
    Girl he's playing with you. Trust me

He's an older guy and he knows you can easily be used and manipulated.

Dude is almost 30. Come on. Stay away. There isn't going to be a good ending.

Dude please stop caring about guys and focus on your school; you'll meet a nice guy in college or something closer to your age.

• He seems so genuinely serious though, would it be wrong of me just to give him a chance?

• I appreciate the advice and I know everything you've said is true. There is TO big of an age difference between 17 & 29 . He has a career , graduated college , lives on his own , meanwhile I am a senior in high school and barely have my license ! We are just on 2 very different stages of life, and as mature as I am sometimes, I still act like a kid. I still like to do " kid " things and he is a grown man like you said. It's wrong of him to even be wanting to date me let alone be okay with having sex with me. What should I tell him?

• I am so proud of you for coming to this conclusion. You are a very bright girl.
      Simply tell him that you'd rather not be in a relationship and that you want to focus on school. Tell him that you both are very different and that you feel that it will not workout between you two because you want to focus on your college life and your education. Let him know that you are not interested anymore. He may insist and try to manipulate you into staying with him but stand your ground. I know you are a strong girl.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes you have to wait till your 18 you better tell him that

• At 29 what's the lowest age you would've dated?

• i m afraid to go for such young girls. they change so much when they hit maturity and you're 40 whilte theyre still in their late 20s ir early 30s and they can fuck you up

• I've dated your age when in 30s

• nothing wrong last year I dated 15 yo girl. And it was great I was her first man.

• you're an idiot

• Well you need to go on a date and get to know him can't get to know someone only online or phone and see what your gut says.

What Girls Said 3

• Red flag red flag, please do not continue to approach this man. He sounds like he is toying with you. You're underage, he's the adult he should not engage with sexual activities such as sexting with you. Please stay away from this man, what he's doing isn't okay.

• I dont see anything wrong with it.. Really sweet actually 🙃

• Just don't have sex with him or get too caught up on him and it's fine. Do keep in mind the two of you are in completely different places/stages of life right now so be careful. You're probably just a fling for him, I doubt a 30 year old man would see a girl your age as settling down material. So don't get that emotional about it.