I've friendzoned two really great guys and I feel awful about it. What should I do?

I've friend zoned two guys in two weeks, both amazing men and both good friends of mine. I love them as friends, but nothing more. I just am at a place now where I can't give 100% to a relationship and I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want to give 50% when someone gives 100% to me. It's not fair and it's wrong. Until I'm at a place where I feel like I can give all of myself to someone; I don't want to date. After I rejected them, I felt miserable and have cried about it. I even prayed, but I still feel bad for hurting their feelings; even though I was honest with them and myself. What should I do to feel better about everything?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it's really nice that you want to give a guy that you'll date the most love that you can offer. A lot of people just use others for their own pleasure which is wrong. It sucks but I think you're doing the right thing.

What Guys Said 8

• Tell them you're simply not in a place where you are ready to date and commit right now. you like them, you want them in your life, you aren't opposed to something romantic maybe happening. you just aren't ready for it right now.

friendzoning is leading a guy on with the dangling carrot that MAYBE you could see him as something more, while benefiting from his attention and devotion to you.
    That isn't what you did.

• That's fine it's alright to cry and I can understand but you are doing the right thing, when you are not ready there is no point is plunging into things and then repenting later on.

• Feel it, understand why it didn't work and why that makes you feel bad, then move back into your life. All you can do is live despite the world being a stressful place sometimes.

• In such situations it's best to let them know that it's not them you are turning down! ... It's cause your life is a mess..
    Although to guys we don't expect a 100% efforts from you love..
    If you can spare time for sex once in 3 days it's 100% for us

• go out on a friend-date? like let them take to a movie or something for a film that you's both wanna see and go from there.

• I highly doubt you felt bad about this and just imagine how made them feel. Hopefully they're like me and never talk to you again.

• Were you not attracted for them?

What 'place' are you in, exactly?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• There is no reason to feel bad about it. You didn't do anything wrong. You simply were not attracted to them.