Guys How Would You React When A Girl Aks You Out?

Ok there is this guy I really like it's been like 7 months now. I stay in South africa he is white and I am black I am only mentioning thia because race is currently a big deal in South africa. People are hating on each other due to race. Ok so the bottom line is I thought I'd be over my crush on him by now but it keeps getting worse. I see him regularly sometimes everyday of the week sometimes once a week. So my question is, if a girl was to ask you out how would you prefer her to do it in a way that will not seem too strong and desperate. I am soo scared of rejection so the most simplest way you can advice with. I don't have hia numbers just his email address and I'm kind of scared leaving a trail he can use to make me a laughing stock should he not be interested in me.

Ok so how exactly can I do it that won't make him feel like less of a man. All I have is his email address and I don't think I have the guts to ask him in person. Any help would be appreciated

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not super up to date on the culture over there so take this with a grain of salt. I don't care if a girl asks me out or if I'm asking them out. What matters is if I want to date that person. If things didn't work out, would you mind? Who cares about some jerk that's more worried about gender roles than you as a human being?

What Guys Said 7

• I would love it if a woman asked me out. Most women don't understand and never will how hard it is for men to ask women out these days. It is so much harder than when my dad was in the dating world.

• You hit the nail right on the head

• @Iron_Man I don't talk to women in public.

• If you can talk to all walks of life on this site you can get use to it and talk to girls in New Zealand

• Well if a woman asks me then I will find that appealing and also appreciate her effort out then I will politely refuse her.

• So you'd refuse her coz she asked you out? Or?

• No, it's not like that. I said I will appreciate her effort, and that would appeal to me but I will refuse her politely because I will have my reasons for that.

It's not because she asked me out, there will be my own reasons as to why I will refuse her.

• I would enjoy that for once takes the pressure off of me

• Would you not see her like some kind of slut or something

• I upvoted you.

• Thanks my friend I am going to upvote you now as well

• Yes.. Yes.. Yes...
    There is nothing more Moronic then turning down a girl.. Who has balls enough to ask out a guy..

• Well I'm not in South Africa so I might react differently...

• The issue is not the female making the first move, it is that you are black and he is white.
    That is a barrier that most will not cross, especially an Afrikaner.
    Move on and find yourself a black man.

• Yep he is Afrikaner and I really like him guess we shouldn't always follow our hearts like people usually say.

• I would feel flattered and maybe shocked lol I think haha

What Girls Said 2

• That's complete rubbish that asking a guy out will make him feel like 'less of a man'. If that's true for that guy in particular, he must've not been much of a 'man' in the first place, if he defined his masculinity by your essentially being subservient to him.

I asked my boyfriend out and he had zero issue with it. I told him that I wanted to talk to him about something, asked him to join me for coffee, Once there, I told him that I liked him and asked what he'd think about being in a relationship with me.
    Two years later and we're still going strong.

Trust me, just do it. You don't have much to lose by taking a risk. A risk that, if you don't take it, you'll definitely lose on.

• It depends on the guy. There is no way to tell how he will react.