Please help: If you're dating someone who lives 10 hours away and you only see them 5 times a year, will this work out?

My boyfriend and I live ten hours away from each other. We text everyday and facetime sometimes. We like each other's posts on social media and we say, "I love you" to each other. We grew up in the same town but my family moved 10 hours away. We were always good friends, then we started having a thing towards the end of the summer as we both went off to college. I've seen him twice since then, both times at parties and we hooked up both times. We have only ever hung out/ hooked up at parties. This summer I am going to visit my hometown and I will see him a few times. Then I will see him again either around Thanksgiving or Christmas time. then again over the summer and that cycle will repeat. I'll only see him when I'm visiting my friends for breaks since my family lives in another state. I recently found out he had been hooking up with his ex but he said he had no feelings for her and had only been using her for sex. Although we aren't officially dating, we have a thing. will this work out and become something serious?

Most Helpful Guy

• no of course but you can get pregnat

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance can be hard, but it is possible. The question is if you're both willing to commit to a long-distance relashionship. I've been in one in the past, for 2.5-3 years, so I believe it is possible. Love will find a way? Anyway if you guys become more serious you could ask him if he'd be willing to be together even though there's distance between you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It's probably statistically unlikely but possible

• If you really love him, and if you both work hard to communicate.. yes