I am not good enough for my boyfriend?

Help pls! I don't know if I'm good enough for my boyfriend of 5 months. I feel like he might leave for someone prettier/smarter/skinnier :( he is the perfect guy- intelligent, funny, handsome, muscly

I'm 165cm, 60kg and on my weight loss journey at the moment which is shameful and embarrassing. I go to law school, but I try spend as much time with him as I can. We cook different cuisines together, play heaps of video games, watch ufc, movies, cycling etc. he said he thinks I'm pretty which is probably untrue, And that I've got a good sense of humour. But he's got lots of pretty female friends so should I just leave him because he's gonna dump me one day anyway?
So the problem here is that I'm not that pretty at all and plus I'm fat at the moment even though I'm trying to lose weight :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Has he shown any sign of wanting to leave you? Probably not. You should think more highly of yourself. You're just as good as any other girl. Now focus on him and what you can do to make him happy. Forget about your insecurities. Plus believe in yourself! It'll go a long way.
    Good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• He knew exactly what you looked like when he decided to date you. Why are you insecure now? Also, it is true with what everyone else is saying, you do not want to be insecure that is very unattractive. And if you become that needy, always needing validation, not taking his compliments, etc. then that will be what makes him run out the door. Remember, he knew what you looked like when he committed to you, he likes it! Also, it is personalities and friendship that bonds each other stronger than anything else. There is always someone more attractive but do they all get along and understand each other better, nope. That is the hard thing to find.

What Guys Said 13

• I think I've seen this question before... anyway, this one is more detailed. I think that the problem here is that you're too insecure about yourself. Think that he could be with any of his female friends but he's with you. Also, he can see your efforts to lose weight, can't he? If you keep insecure, it'll be bad for you, just trust him and trust yourself. Beauty is not everything, if you have a good time together, he'll most likely not leave you.

And about the weight loss, check this out, it may help you to achieve your results: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a26664-the-weight-loss-manual

• stop trying to hold onto this guy as much as you can.

you're like that girl who's dating Henry Cavill, she'll do anything to ensure he doesn't leave her because he's a fucking celebrity and she's some girl who dropped out of college just to travel with him and be his girlfriend.

just like each other organically and shit will hold together. if you doubt yourself you can always improve your own body.

• He's with you because he likes you. If he was going to leave you he probably wouldn't have been with you in the first place as he had other choices if he has all these female friends. This is just your insecurity which, if you let it, will ruin your relationship with him but it won't be because of his feelings for you, it will be because he won't enjoy being around you anymore because of your insecurity. You guys sound like you have a great relationship and do lots together. Don't assuming things or let your insecurities get the best of you. If his female friends bother you that much maybe talk to him about this and tell him how you feel (in a very nice polite way). If he cares about you he'll not spend so much time with them out of respect for your feelings (if he truly is the great guy you say he is).

• If you were good enough to get with him 5 months ago, why would U not be good enough now? If you haven't changed the person you were then, you should be comfortable with yourself. He is with U for who U are, not who U aren't. You're 5'4" 130 lbs., that is not fat, come on girl! If U are not happy with the way you look physically, stick to your weight loss plan if that is what will make U happy. Do that for yourself, not for him. It sounds like you two do everything together, thats beautiful. Be happy for what U have today, not for what U think U may lose tomorrow.

• you are 60 kg, thats not fat at all, and dont leave him, you are good enough for him, you are overthinking it too much. if he has true feelings for you then im sure he won't care about your outsire beauty and will more care about your inside beauty. and its not any embarrassing that your on a weight loss journey.

• Listen don't you ever feel your not worthy of someone, appearences are skin deep. Ik that saying is chucked around a lot but its true! If he makes you happy and he says you make him happy then id see what the problem is.
    I also use to be fat (50kgs at age 8) and when i got into high school i lost all the weight and several years later im lean, muscular and confident. The one thing i learned from all this is im still the same person and ur appearance is so insignificant in a relationship! Keep your head up, be fun to be around, show him ur making an effort to better yourself and u guys will be fine! Best of luck!

• you want to end up like this loser? you're walking through his path.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1956040-asian-guy-regrets-ending-relationship-with-white-girl-because-her

• Stop focusing on what you're not and focus on what you are and what you bring to the table. You got to 5 months so if you aren't good enough there wouldn't even be 5 months.

• The problem is that u are insecure. He could have already dumped you if that's what he wants

• Please don't think like that... this mentality destroys relationships, doesn't build them.

• yep sorty

• Didn't just post this question?

"Will guys leave their girlfriend for someone skinnier?"

You really sound the same.

• The problem lies entirely with you and it's your insecurity.

What Girls Said 5

• He is going to dump you, but it has nothing to do with your looks. You are immature, insecure and REJECTING HIS COMPLIMENTS.

He told you he is pretty and you are accusing him of lying? Who the hell would want to stay? He is going to feel like he can't make you happy, and that is what will make him leave.

• Your own insecurities will ruin your relationship. You obviously have a great guy by your side, who accepts every part of you. Now why would you want to go and make a mess of it. Just believe what he is telling you. If he did not want to be with you I'm sure he would've left already. Just appreciate him, and appreciate the fact that you found someone you can be happy with and who sees who you really are.

• 60kg isn't that bad, though if you want to lose weight to feel more confident in yourself, go ahead. Don't try anything stupid like not eating though... hey, your boyfriend likes you. Isn't that enough? It looks to me as though you guys enjoy your time together and that should be fine. About the pretty female friends, tell your boyfriend you are uncomfortable and ask if he can keep a bit of a distance. If he's a decent guy, he'll probably be more aware of your feelings. Seriously though, we always see more imperfections in ourselves than other people, so don't worry too much ;)

• if you don't love yourself how can you expect someone else to

• obviously he likes you for a reason. im sure he's not just w you to kill time. i mean 5 months is almost half a year that would be a lot of wasted time.. and breaking up with him just for that reason makes you look insecure and immature