Should I continue or let go?

Should I continue or let go?
So I've been exchanging messages with this girl for months. Then a few days ago, I decided to ask her out for dinner. First, she said she bought dinner already. Then, I asked if she would be free any other day this week. She then changed her mind and decided that she could save what she got earlier and go to dinner with me. So I picked her up and we went for a drive and had a good time. Lastly, we went for a walk near where she lived where we just asked each other questions. I, obviously have a thing for her but was wondering if she felt the same way also. The moment I explained why I took her out today (because I wanted to see if there was a chance between us). She told me that she was seeing someone else and they have been talking but they're not boyfriend/girlfriends yet. So I took it all in and pretended like nothing happened. So the night ended with us giving each other a hug. I was still curious so the next day for confirmation purposes, I texted her asking her that if I asked her to be my girlfriend that night, would she have turned me down. She said yes, but not because she doesn't like me but she had already decided to give the guy she was seeing a chance. In my mind, I'm thinking why would she give me false hope from the start? She could have made an excuse to turn down the invitation to dinner. What do you guys think? Should I give up or continue pursuing?

Most Helpful Girl

• She gave you your answers loud and clear.
    If you continue to pursue her, that's a waste of time and choosing to ignore her message on your part.
    The thing with life is, some people paint a very clear picture for us, but because of our urgency and want we choose to see, what we want to see.
    Look at the situation for what it is,
    and move on.
    I don't know why she accepted your invitation.
    Perhaps, she just wanted something to do that day.
    Either way, that is irrelevant, you should move on in this case and not contact her anymore.
    Any type of communication you have between you at this point will go no where.

• Thank you!

• No problem <3

• Ok, lets say I ask her on a date to dinner for the second time and she says yes. Does that change anything or indicate anything whatsoever?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think she had not yet made that decision. She went to dinner with you, felt the chemistry was not there, and then used the other guy as a convenient excuse to turn you down.

Time to move on!

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think she is as sure about the other guy as she thinks, but since she said that I would say to make sure you don't pursue too hard (at least at first). If you decide to pursue her it will be a fine balance. I think you have the chance to change her mind-she went to dinner with you and it sounds like you both had a good time and the other guy appears to be taking his time making her his-but it'll be a fine line between being too available and being her back up and not pursuing hard enough to change her mind.

• Give up

• Thank you for your opinion.

• the... message exchange was it just friendly? or did she flirt with you?

• It was friendly in the messages until the video call that we had then we got kinda flirty.

• hmm... then I don't know why she's acting like that...
      she basically was flirting with 2 guys... with the other guy more seriously and with you playfully, but she still led you on

• Thank you for your opinion!

• Move on. Next time don't spend so much time texting.

What Guys Said 1

• Its got nothing to do with look its how you carry your self with confidence the best thing to do is make a girl laugh remember woman have emotions more then men you poss also spending to much time talking to them only talk for about 10 min and say hay it been great talking to you but iv got to run give me your number and we can get coffee someone time this makes you look less needy and a busy life. Remember woman wanna have a good time they wanna feel safe around someone never give up in your mission as a man

• So you think it's the right thing to continue pursuing?