Is this a catch 22 with women?

If you're a guy and you only want to date a girl you find attractive, then you're shallow or unrealistic. If you date a girl you find average then you're a jerk.

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think that's true at all. i think it's silly of anyone to date someone they don't find attractive...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's expected you would only date someone you found attractive. The reason you found them attractive might make you shallow and expecting to date a highly attractive person if you are not yourself similarly attractive would make you unrealistic.

If you date a girl you don't find attractive just for sex and she doesn't know and consent to the arrangement then you are a jerk.

Not seeing any contradiction.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's pretty common knowledge that attraction must be there in some form. If you are ONLY dating her because she is attractive you are shallow. We generally expect to be liked for who we are as a person.

• I've never heard of a guy dating an average girl being referred to as a 'jerk' :/

What Guys Said 1

• why would me dating a girl that i personally find attractive make me shallow or unrealistic.

lol