How can I hope to find a long term boyfriend and hopeful husband when I'm against having children?

I have never dreamed of having a family and having the white picket fence house. I dreamed of having a husband, but never children. I honestly don't want to be a mother and I'm everything else but a mother. I know what I want and what I'm cut out for, but guys shy away or deem me as immature because I don't plan on having children to carry out my legacy. I feel like I have no chance of having a husband and a wedding because of my adamant choice of no children. Of course I want to have a husband or just a long term boyfriend, but I feel like my dating choices are narrowed down to 0.

Most Helpful Girl

• I promise there are guys out there who don't want kids! My boyfriend and I are in the same situation. We've gotten to the point in our relationship where we know this is going to be long-term, but we agree that we don't ever want kids. They're maybe a little harder to find, but they do exist.

What Guys Said 20

• There are many guys that don't want children. In fact, when you think about it, this world is not a very nice place to bring children into. And it will get worse in time.

Your choices may be diminished, but they are far from zero. The right guy will come along. Just be ready to grab him before he walks past.

• Some guys actually get a vasectomy so that they don't have kids, and I'm pretty sure those guys would think you're totally a jackpot.

• I've known marriage breaking up over that.

• The only advice I can give to you is to keep going and to maybe look to different circles for dating. Not everyone wants kids, but it's a big part of life so long-term that might not work for some people.

• You are 18. You should not even be thinking about marriage until you are past 25.

There are plenty of men who don't want to have children.

• I rather not have kids.

• Well you need to find someone who also doesn't want kids, but you have to keep in mind that reproduction is pretty much our biological raison d'etre.

• There's plenty of guys out there who don't want kids either.

• Well not all of guys want kids. I won't mind adopting a kid, given that I may not be able to have kids of my own due to a motorcycle accident and my nuts smashing into the gas tank.

Doesn't mean you can't have a family truth of be happy. Kids are fine when they are 12+ younger then that and well it's iffy.

• I know I'm not a guy, but my privates just ached when I heard of your nuts unfortunate fate in painful sympathy. I'm sorry about your accident and I hope you're recovering well. And adoption may work out for me, but I honestly don't have the patience to raise children of all ages.

• Haha. Women also have there own parts :), well then I presume you may get 16 year old truth adoption, sadly most of this kids at that age are full of hate at the world and others, as they been betrayed by everyone. I'm sure you read up on cases were 16+ adopted child killed smaller kids in the family.

• I'm not going to have children but I do want to get married not only do I not want kids but I've got mental disorders that can be passed on genetically
    I'm functional but I'm not the right person to bring a new soul into this world

• There are LOTS if guys who don't want kids. Find one.

• You're probably not going to. The purpose of marriage is usually children.

• Try out older guys. The guys my age who are in a rush to get married generally deffinilty wants kids.

• Kids are awesome just think about it

• Date an older guy that has his life together

• I want 2 boys

• There are loads of guys who don't want kids.

• lol what? why no kids?

• I never liked children. I can be an awesome aunt, but a mother? I would be a terrible mother. I'm not being immature, I just don't want kids.

• You are just 18 and probably will get mature as with time and age. What you are thinking now might be different then when you will be 25.
    So as for now go date guys you are attacted you, have fun and live your life like all those beautiful girls and forget about this having children theory at this current age.
    You will get the answer itself once you get older by both age and maturity wise. :)
    Good luck

• I am mature and I know what I want. Children don't appeal to me at all and I'm living with somebody who is taking care of a baby, and I would not want to be tied down. Besides, I'm not very affectionate towards younger people.

• They're narrowed, but certainly not to zero.

What Girls Said 7

• There are many men who want children and many that don't! You just have to bring it up early in regards of knowing you're not wasting not your time- but not freak them out? I usually just ask in the early stages of dating just out of curiosity, I don't think its a question that people get freaked out for lately.

• I think the number of guys who don't want kids and a family is increasing, so don't worry

• there are numerous guys who don't want kids

• you can find a man. There are men who don't want children as well. No need to worry!

• Too soon to think about it.

• Not for me. I never liked children and I get frustrated and colder when I babysit kids.

• There are dudes out there that never want to have kids.

• Don't give up hope! There will be someone out there that's against children having children too. If you do become married or anything try to explain to him.