Depressed? Am I overreacting?

My boyfriend always calls other girls pretty in front of me and stuff. But he never compliments me.. He just told me like 5 minutes ago that this girl was absolutely gorgeous. But he's only complimented me about 2 times in 1 year that weve been dating :/ i get depressed over it. Am I overreacting?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not over reacting sweetheart. That would absolutely kill anyone inside. I normally don't agree with fighting fire with fire so I would casually ask him the next time he does that in front of you how he would feel if you complimented other guys in front of him. If he says he doesn't care then do it the next time you see an attractive guy. Watch how fast the tables turn.

What Guys Said 5

• Your boyfriend is a jerk , well tell him how you feel about it better talk with hin than us

• May be he says that in front of you because he lacks self confidence and he thinks that by doing this you would never try to cheat on him

• no. just take cute pics of you and whatsapp him. ask him how do you look. he should respond 😜

• How old is he?

• i'm here for u bby ;)

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, you are.
    If those girls were his girlfriend I am sure he wouldn't spend every minute complimenting them either. He's just stating his first impression of them and that is all. He did the same with you in the beginning as well...
    Your insecurity is going to take over and cause problems that don't need to be in your relationship.
    Don't make this bigger than what it is.
    If everything is fine , then it be fine.

• To get depressed over your boyfriend being an asshole is a little extreme to me. Why don't you tell him how it makes you feel when he says things about other girls?

• I don't think I'd be happy, confident or secure in that relationship

• It's a shame he doesn't compliment you much but him complimenting other girls is normal. There's nobody in the world who doesn't find other people beautiful/handsome. Just think, he's with you & not them so you don't have to worry. :)

• Tell him how you feel.