When/at what age should a person start worrying about being single?

I am 20 years old and am single and never had a boyfriend before and I do get really scared that I will never find anyone (all of my friends are in relationship or have been in a relationship before). But at what age should I really start worrying about never being in a relationship? When is the right time to start online dating when you cannot find anyone who wants to date you "offline"?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you cheergirl?

Listen, I have always wanted a girl like you (that has never had a boyfriend). Part of it is because I never had a girlfriend either and I think it is sweeter/better to be each other's firsts.

My parents cheated on each other with their first loves. There is something about young/first love that cannot be replicated into adulthood and it saddens me to know my future lover may have experienced that with someone else.

There are guys out there who seek inexperience in a woman. And not just sexually either. A girl can be a virgin sexually but not in the heart. I seek a woman who is a "virgin" in the heart, not so much a sexual virgin. Make sense?

• @cheergirl38135
      is this you?

• @CheerGirl38139

Listen, I am autistic. I don't think things through sometimes. Please cut me some slack.

• Lmaooooooo nerds, smh

Most Helpful Girl

• You should worried about being single when you're at the stage you want marriage and kids. Being single is amazing you get to discover who you are, what you like, things you won't tolerate in a relationship and things you want from a parnter and what you can bring also to the relationship. If you're the type of person who is emotionally unstable, fear of abondment and have insecurities, being single you can work on that so when your in a relationship your independently stable emotionally. Make sure everything you want has been accomplished always make sure you are independent in a relationship and out of one. Focus on school and your dreams, your going to meet so many people in your life , learn and grow, and experience life. That right guy will come to you when your ready.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think thats really a problem unless you're lonely and don't want to have meaningless sex, i. e. booty calls. Definitely do not use your friends as a gauge to when U should get into a relationship. Not everyone is the same. When U meet someone that you feel you are compatible with U should definitely pursue it if U are ready for a relationship. Online dating nowadays is just another tool U can use. I have many friends that have met people online. Like meeting people anywhere else, it's hit or miss. You've got to be realistic to yourself, because only U will really know if it is time. Are U a naturally shy girl? Are U a shut-in (as in, you do not go out in public)? Are U in school?

• Yes, I am a shy college girl and I do try to go out in public. The problem is that all my experiences "outside" have been really negative-all the men I meet are either rude and single or are already in a relationship but nice/really friendly.

• You can't worry about that relationships come and go all the time. You have to make yourself instead of depending on another human to complete your life

• When to start worrying? If you want to have children, you might start worrying around age 35 or so. Otherwise, why worry?

Also, why wait to try online dating? What are the downsides?

• Don't worry!! My sis @juicyjessie has only had one boyfriend and she's 21. Start worrying when you get over 60.

• Hello, Squirt! You are so right. I don't have time at uni to worry about my guy too much. Or even come on gag. @asker you have plenty of time. Stop worrying.

• Stay away from on-line dating. Dating sites are toxic, utterly toxic.
    My suggestion would be to use an old-fashioned introduction agency, one that has a physical office and wants you to go there for an interview.
    In the 18 to 35 age range, such agencies have five males on their books to every female.
    The agencies try to match the profiles and give both parties what they are looking for.
    At the very least, you will drink a lot of coffee while getting to meet a large number of men.

• Never. While developing relationships and cultivating love with some is extremely important, you have to learn to deal with being alone eventually. When you die it will be a moment where you will stand alone, even if you are surrounded by loved ones. If you are able to stand alone feeling accomplished with a sense of completeness and happiness with yourself things will go better, if you fail to learn to be happy alone you will fall into despair, guilt, regret, and fear.

• Sixty nine OP 69

• 28 at 28

• I'm 25 and still single. Only now is it starting to play on my mind. But I know people in their 30s who are single. Their is no right or wrong, things happen in peoples lives at different times.

• any age i guess. and just to let you know the real reasons why girls end up single is because they dont approach anyone or care to, or they think they are not supposed to, girls dont usually get rejected thats a guys common thing, plus whether a guy approaches or not its usually always been the girl who decides anyways
    anyhoo you ask when is the right time to date etc well, thats up to you there's no "set" time for people to date etc in life

What Girls Said 7

• I started online dating at 20

• In my opinion there's no age for that. You should let things happen naturally and you'll find someone when you least expect.
    Meanwhile, focus on yourself and on your goals and don't think about this.

• when you're close to 30

• When getting near 35.

• Around mid 30s, I'd say.

• Well, ideally speaking, no age should be the limit. I don't think girls NEED guys or marriage, but it should come when you meet the right person.
    Society wise though, probably around 30.

• Speed dating? I don't know I'm hoping to find someone in college but in no hurry