Why do I keep attracting players? Am I not good enough to be someone's girlfriend?

I know I'm pretty, I'm well traveled, educated, have goals in life and hobbies outside. I'm genuine, fun and a nice person.

So wtf? why do these guys just lie to get in my pants? Is it because I have met them off online? but why treat me as such! wtf?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd turn the question around... instead of asking why you're attracting players, ask why you're attracted to players.

What is it about this group of men that you find appealing? Perhaps somewhere in your selection process you're filtering out the ones who do want a relationship, which is why all that you're left with is players.

• Damn nice response : )

• you ask why he might do that (seem interested and then suddenly show little-to-no interest). the simplest answer is that a game theory of dating might indicate that is an optimal strategy. the longer answer, as to his emotional reasons, could be laid out along two axes. on one axes could be his self-awareness, on the other could be his empathy, or attitude towards your feelings. one might imagine he simply doesn't know any other way, or that he is unaware of his behavior -- that he cannot see it from a distance, nor see the effects on others. one might also imagine that he is insecure and uncomfortable being vulnerable -- or, to an extreme, that he is a narcissist and cares nothing about others' feelings. i cannot say where he is on that plane, but it may be a helpful model to understand his behavior

• This is interesting that's definitely that..

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not the only one.
    You keep attracting players because the majority of people are assholes. It's quite hard to find a decent person nowadays.

What Guys Said 6

• Could it be where you're meeting the guys? Of course you're good enough to be someone's girlfriend. Don't give up and don't think all guys are like that cuz we're not. Maybe change where you're meeting them.

• a pretty girl normally attracts a lot of players. I guess if you stop relating sex to love, you can avoid players. love is love and sex is sex. love doesn't need sex to be complete. but sex needs love to be complete. it's the movies that change the behavior of people😠 if 2 people fall in love, next thing is jumping on bed and strip.

• but don't they want me to be more than just sex if theyre attracted to me?
      this guy has bailed on me 4 times

• I don't know :(
      I have made it clear with him that I want something serious. I guess I just need to move on.

• sure. don't find a boyfriend for showing others or just because you feel lonely sometimes. boys never do the things they do to their new gfs to their wives or long term gfs. just because everybody has got a boyfriend doesn't means that you should get one too. become friends with all type of boys and never let anyone get into your pants and maybe you'll find a guy who's genuinly attracted to your personality. I'm not religious and I have a liberal attitude towards sex. but I think this could work for you. if only you keep yourself busy and never get depressed.

• You meet them online? Then maybe that's the reason

• How long after you meet these losers do you have sex

• You not wifey material prob fam

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0