Guy I was dating told me he "doesn't want a relationship right now" but still invites me to hang out with him? What does this mean?

I've been dating a guy for about 6 weeks. I haven't had sex with him, so he asked me why I was holding out on sleeping with him. I told him that I don't have sex with anyone who I'm not in a relationship with. He then said he doesn't want a relationship right now because he might be moving to another state within the next few months, but he said that he really likes me.

I thought he'd want to stop hanging out with me after I said that, but since then he's still invited me to hang out with him. Why would he want to keep hanging out with me if he doesn't want a relationship with me and I won't have sex with him?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I could be wrong, but that whole "I don't want a relationship" line should be a red flag. That line is really overused when guys just want to have sex with no strings attached. Again, I could be wrong here but from what I've heard from other people that's what usually happens. I think he's still hanging out with u in hopes that u change ur mind about not sleeping with him. I'd be careful with him. Plus six weeks is just a month and change. If u feel like ur not ready then he shouldn't keep pushing it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• He isn't sure if he is moving to another state so while keeping his options open there is no reason not to continue hanging out with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He likes you, but he's afraid of commitment

0|0
    0|0
  • Hidden Meaning:I want to hang out with you till you give me sex and then I'll find new one.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• That punk probably only wants sex. Don't do it!

0|0
    0|0
  • He thinks you're gonna give in and start sleeping with him.

0|0
    0|0