How do I stop attracting guys that are unavailable?

Whenever I start talking to a guy, I develop feelings for him, and later find out that he's taken. And it takes me a while to get over him. Why can't guys just be honest and tell a girl that they have a girlfriend/fiancé/wife? I'm not intentionally seeking unavailable guys, it's just that whenever I start talking to a guy, I don't find out he's taken until I start developing feelings for him. What can I personally do to stop attracting guys that are unavailable?

Most Helpful Girl

• By asking them from the very beginning if they are taken, and let them know that if you find out they are, you'll be pissed.

What Guys Said 1

• You drop the, "your girlfriend must..." line. That line usually knocks two birds down with 1 stone. If he's interested, he'll make it clear that he isn't taken. More importantly, you don't have to wonder if he's taken or not.
    When I first met my now-ex, she said, "Wow your girlfriend is a great cook." I let her know that I wasn't in a relationship by saying, "Thank you for the compliment, I'm single and cooked this up myself."

What Girls Said 1

• Just ask first!