Does my best friend really love me? And what do I do next?

One of my best friends a few days ago confessed to liking me. I never really thought he liked me since I'm pretty oblivious I guess lol. But he was really embarassed and things like that and he got really happy I liked him too. I got out of a relationship but my ex is still trying really bad t be with me but he's emotionally draining and emotionally abusive so I don't want to be with him. However, he is friends with my best friend, and doesn't want to advance on me in order to hurt him. It's like we don't want to hurt him but it's hard not seeing eachother. He tells me even if I don't go out with him he just wants me to be happy. He said he loved me yesterday and he couldn't explain why he does. We can't help but kiss and cuddle. He offers me his jacket and he says he feels like a little girl when I kissed him the first time. He wants to see a movie with me but I really don't know what to do. He rides the train with me home and compliments me almost all the time now. Its getting harder to not see him and i haven't felt this happy in a long time. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks :)

What Guys Said 1

• If he confessed to liking you, is over the top nice to you and spends tons of time with you isn't it fairly obvious.
    Would think the fact that he actually just told you straight up that he likes you kinda gives it away.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, your best friend likes you a lot. If you like him as well, you should continue dating him. You already mentioned that he makes you happy.