Girls, Do You Have An Over Protective Dad?

My dad is extremely overprotective about my older sisters. He grilled every boyfriend they ever had. Their boyfriends had to go through an extensive screening process in order to get my dad's approval.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, never introduced any boyfriends to him yet that it got to the point where he asked me if I'm a lesbian 😂😂
    Anyway, just bringing a guy friend home is torture. The endless amount of questions, and him not even being allowed into my bedroom. Etc etc 🙄 And then even more question me after he has left.

• kind of but my mom is the most overprotective one

• haha my dad is. But he doesn't mean it. They just do it to mainly mess with you and see if you're not spineless.

• Yep. definitely.

• Yes I do.

• Nope, dad was and still isn't a big part of my life and we aren't close

• Yeah I do, dads probably just want to look out for their daughters haha. Answer mine?

• Nope, my dad once told me over a drunken phone call that I should hold on to this one cause I won't find another one like that. Oh well.

What Guys Said 4

• If the girl I dated had an overprotective dad, I would stop dating her. Can't stand such people. Why should I be interrogated like dating his daughter is a crime?

And yeah, if I have a daughter, I won't ever be overprotective.

• They don't interrogate you because they think dating their daughter is a crime. They interrogate to see if you have good intentions or a genuine person.

• Whatever man, I don't have to deal with all that crap. I know how trustworthy I am, and I don't have to prove it to anyone. I prefer showing my capabilities through actions, and not by answering a bunch of questions from an overprotective father.

• I am a father of one daughter.
    I educated my daughter, although I could not overcome entirely the bad boy phase. There were two oxygen thieves, but she came to saw what they were. . . eventually.
    When my daughter began to date, I told her that I did not want her screwing boys in the back seats of cars on lonely roads. That is how girls get killed.
    I told her to bring them home and do it in her room.
    That system worked well.
    If I liked the boy, I sometimes cooked breakfast for the two of them.
    All the boys knew one thing. I am a dedicated student of karate and a former soldier, who was once paid to kill better men than them. If they hurt my little girl, nobody would ever find their body.

• Girl's dads are a race apart. Kinda aliens.

• I wouldn't date a girl with an overprotective dad