Is it weird that I miss being able to kiss and cuddle with someone?

After dating someone for 16 months, I broke up late last August, and I haven't dated anyone since. My ex and I broke up because I thought I would be moving by December of last year, but I didn't, and now I don't know when, or if I am.
There were some other reasons on my part, as I was starting to loose interest in him, and found I had started to like another guy. I still liked my boyfriend though. He was a great guy who was really sweet and fun. He also loved video games and loved writing so i had someone to share my writing with and someone who was just as passionate about video games as I am.
Now it's been 8 months since we broke up, and for me, it feels like an eternity since I last kissed someone and cuddled with them. It's even gotten to the point here I would ask my ex-boyfriend out again just to have something. My friends think I'm crazy for feeling I should take him back, but I just so desperatly want to be held.
So is that weird? Or is it normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• go and kiss and cuddle why waiting

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see anything wrong with that. I think you were at a point where you are unsure of what you want for yourself. I don't think it's that you sound crazy, I think the feeling of being held is a feeling many people want to feel. Your friends are right about getting back with him because you did mention losing interest in him, so why lead the guy on? It'd be a dick move if he did it. So, if you truly lost interest, don't get back with him.
    At this point, I recommend giving yourself some time to love yourself and a lot of self work before getting back into another relationship. Being single is the best relationship you can ever have because like shopping, you get different options to choose from.

What Guys Said 3

• Kiss a stranger.

• I never had any of that 😞
    Well with someone I like

• kiss me

What Girls Said 3

• yeah i feel the same way. it's normal dont worry. but dont mess up with someone's feeling just so you can get a physical advantage :p
    i always hug my friends whenever i have the chance lol

• Its natural to miss that.. you were very used to it and now you don't have it so

• Totally normal! It's a sign that you are ready to move on from him. Please answer mine?