Guys, have you ever missed your chance with a girl because you didn't want to "settle down" or be in a relationship even though you liked her?

If you have an example or a situation in which you missed your chance at first but it worked out later, please share!

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (please comment)

What Guys Said 2

• I missed my chance the first time around with my current girlfriend. I had just come out of a relationship a week earlier and wasn't ready for another one even though the connection was instant. Then we somehow dated around each other for 5 years (the other person was always taken when one of us was single). All worked out 4 years ago and we're still going strong.

• I missed a chance due to not thinking I was enough, or could provide for a girl. Still regret that, but worked hard so that doesn't happen again.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not because he doesn't want to "settle down", it's because he doesn't like her enough. It goes for both genders. Happened to me recently. First I met one guy and I totally liked him. We texted a lot and then we went on a date. Even though date was great and he was great and good looking and even though I DID liked him, I just freaked out. I can't really explain it. I think he fell in love with me the moment he saw me and it obvious, I could notice it all over his face and gestures... and I JUST started dating again after my painful breakup. He texted right after the date to schedule another date and I just couldn't. I didn't wanted to. I wasn't ready for a relationship again, I realized I made a mistake even going on one date, I deleted my dating account and basically told a guy that I'm sorry but not ready and I don't want to be with anyone. I didn't want to lead him on. Well, few days later, I randomly bump into a really hot guy who basically turned my world around in one day. He showed interest in me and we were flirting for few weeks and I felt alive again. I fell in love. This guy was my dream guy and I could already see myself marrying him! So then I realized that IT WASN'T ME, it was that I didn't liked the previous guy enough. Well the new guy just turned out be a complete asshole, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I AM ready to be in a relationship, I just need the right guy. I need a spark.

• That's your example though; not everyone's