How do you stay positive to know that there is someone out there for you?

I'm am 26 years old and so far I have not had a love life at all. I am starting to lose hope as I get older that there are no women in the world that find me attractive or don't want to get to know me. I am not an angel bit i try to be a good person. I am not perfect at all but I do my best to take care of myself, exercise, dress, grooming, etc.. It has always been in my mind ever since I was young in my teens that I would find someone to spend the rest of my life with and enjoy each other. But it has not happen yet at all and I go through depression at times. Some days happy and some days I feel horrible honestly and don't care to be around anybody or keep going in my daily routine. If you saw me off the streets you would think this guy has no problem getting to know women. Yet that is not the case. Everyone around my age I have grew up with for the most part have someone in their life or getting to know someone. Seeing couples in public does give me a slight envy toward them. That is when I get those negative thoughts in my head of what is wrong with me? And I go into a state of depression and some anger, not toward people but rather my life. I don't know at this point I kind of become numb to the idea of being with someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Are u an outgoing person? Do u go to places like clubs/bars/lounges? If the party scene is not your type of atmosphere then what about cafes, malls, movie theatres, bowling alley, skating rinks, etc? Or maybe places where you'll see people on a weekly/monthly basis like the gym, organizations, etc. Those are all great places to meet people. If all u do is go to work and go home (not saying that's what u do.. just an example) then a great girl is not going to just fall from the sky.
    2) Time to reflect on all your failed attempts. Do u recognize a pattern? Do the girls all say the same things or kinda the same things to u when things don't work out? If u recognize a pattern, try to change that. I'm not saying to be someone ur not, I'm just saying if a previous issue with the last 100 girls is that you "XYZ" too much or too little, then maybe that plays a factor. Don't feel bad just make improvements.
    3) Every time a negative thought comes into ur mind, replace it with something positive. Its totally normal to do the whole "poor me" thing but just don't do it for too long. Tell yourself that yes you are going to find the right person at the right time and act accordingly. Never underestimate speaking things into existence.
    4) Enjoy ur life as it is now. Face it. We're never gonna have everything we want. We're always going to be missing something or working toward getting something but in the meantime go out and have fun. You are young and in your prime.

This is just my own two cents but I really hope everything works out for u!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... here is the cold, hard truth. 'There is someone for everyone' is just something people tell themselves, to get a false sense of security. It's so NOT true. Otherwise, we wouldn't have singles in their 60s and 70s.

Just do what I do. Enjoy the life you have. Your happiness or contentment does not have to depend on the presence of a woman (or man, if you are gay) in your life.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• If you want to meet women, you have to find a way to meet women. Talk to them and ask out as many women as you can.

• I wish I could be you. I had my love life come to me and I hated it. She was horrible. I'm so glad I'm out and free. Enjoy freedom especially if it's a lifetime. I'm eccentric on my thoughts towards love. I always wanted to avoid it. Never saw a logical reason to be in a relationship.

• You can always make money and get a fake gold digger wife.

• I have I feel the same way days when I'm glad t be singe but also have those
    days I wish I wasn't. I know I'll never be attracted to someone so I've given up.

• Don't try so hard or worry so much. Just let it happen