Girls, would you date a guy with no friends except for people online?

So he has no friends at all where you two live. His only friends are maybe 5 or 6 people online that he talk to. Would that be too weird and you wouldn't date him for it? Or would you not care and still date him?

• Yes, I would still date him.
  • No. Him not having friends is too weird.
  • (I'm a Guy) See answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, i would still date him.
    I am dating him, not the amount of friends he racked up over a given time frame.
    Whether someone has a lot of friends, tells me nothing about that person.
    If we get along fine, why would I want to ruin that over something so small?

What Girls Said 6

• No, I wouldn't date that kind of guy.
    For one, I'd like to be with a guy who is socially adept. Being overly socially awkward and such to the point that you only have online-friends is not someone too good in my books.

Also, since I'd be the one dating him and essentially his only face to face contact, I wouldn't be too keep on the co-dependent nature of the relationship that would surely arise from that.

• If her started dating me he would be out meeting other wonderful people with me, he could keep his online Friends and there is nothing wrong with that but I would be encouraging ans supporting him to meet others

• No, not because the not having friends is weird (although it is telling if a guy doesn't have friends) mostly I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to be the guy's only social outlet. For instance, if I was having a girl's night, I'd feel bad if my boyfriend wanted to hang out but instead stayed in by himself bc he has no friends.

• I would because I'm the same way.

• I most likely would because there could be many reasons why someone might not have friends. Maybe he just moved into the area, or he doesn't relate to the people around him, or he hasn't met the right people yet, social anxiety, shy, etc.

• No I wouldn't. I know that sounds judgmental, but I'm not trying to be. Here's why, for me, that could be a problem. I have been in this situation before, dating a guy who doesn't really have friends and isn't very social. Generally, being more introverted isn't a problem at all. However, in this relationship I really struggled with wanting to invest in other friendships/relationships aside from our romantic ones. For him, he didn't have anyone else to spend time with, so he didn't love when I gave my time to other people. It made him dependent on me. Also, for him, he needed some guy friends. Everyone needs those friends (platonic) who help them figure out life. If one person has a social life outside of the relationship and the other person does not, it can cause resentment. I am speaking from personal experience. I could not understand why he didn't want to involve himself in things and make friends and he couldn't seem to understand why I wanted to spend time with friends outside of him. Also, no friends can point to larger issues (it doesn't have to, but it can). Ultimately, this issue is one of the ones that contributed to the downfall of my relationship with this guy.

What Guys Said 0