Girls, Can you tell what happened in this situation? What was the girl thinking?

So I met this girl in class at college. She was nice and seemed friendly.

She teamed up as my lab partner in Micro-biology, so we had to design experiments together. She would stare at me a lot and sometimes smile shyly. We NEVER talked anything except for the experiments.

After knowing her for 3-4 weeks at practicals, one day she out of the blue tells me how she didn't feel well (having cramps and nauseous) a week ago. She looks deeply into my eyes while saying it. It was a feeling giving me a slight shiver.

I thought it was weird , since she started to talk about that topic.

She sort of awaited a response, so I said , " Maybe you should check with a doctor".

For that she replied, " I went with my boyfriend ".

I was like "Cool" and then talked about some practical stuff and left.

I met her again a few days later and she had a smile when she saw me and i smiled back and I kept on walking. ( I had class).

So I don't understand why she had to complain about her sickness and then mention her boyfriend...

Thanks:)

9

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably went to the doctor with her boyfriend. I don't see the issue.

• Thanks :) Is it normal to talk about health problems to a random guy?

• Negligible.

• that was harsh but honest ;) You are cool.

What Girls Said 8

• there can be a few things here, maybe she doesn't have a boyfriend and is just trying to see your reaction or she does have a boyfriend and just thinks of you as a potential friend. Just continue doing what your doing being friends and if she chases you then you know for sure she wants something from you.

• Thanks :) Why would you personally act like this?

• It can be either, it sounds kinda confusing to me too personally, has she said or done anything else? I would say be yourself and act the way yous do together, she might open up and tell you about herself. That way yous can build from there

• Usually random girls openly talk to me with emotion. Why do you think they do that? They are comfortable to talk about their personal stuff with emotion !!

• It doesn't really matter why she told you about not feeling well..
    Regardless, she has a boyfriend. She's not single, so it's best that you not try looking for signs that very well could be solely in your head.

• Thanks :) Do you tend to open up to a random guy this way, for some reason?

• ... enough.

• cool !! Thanks :)

• Maybe she was worried that she was going to be performing sub-par because she was sick. You advised her to see the doctor, she answered your advice. Not really much to read here. She's being friendly.

• I've tried my best to read between the lines here so I can help you but it's confusing to me too. One thing you should be cautious about is trying to predict feelings that she's not shared with you. Men often feel mixed feelings with whomen and misinterpret our feelings. She may not be flirting at all but may be an overly grgarious social butterfly. Tread carefully.

• cool !! So when you actually fancy a random dude, you act different from this?

• cool !!! So when you actually fancy a random guy how do you act different?

• She's just friendly and overly open about her medical issues lol I wouldn't read into it not every person who smiles a lot is trying to flirt.

• Maybe she thought you two were getting too close or you had a crush on her. If I ever did that then it's to check how much you care about her, then to see your reaction when she tells you that she has a boyfriend.

• Thanks :) I felt something. What do you think is her opinion about me?

• they do too eh XD
      eh, hot people. :P hot people are overrated

• sure they are :)

• A slight shiver? Was that attraction?

• Thanks :) I don't know. But why do you think she acted this way?

• Beats me. Maybe she wanted you to feel sorry for her

• Do you think she is indirectly telling me to back off?

• I don't know lots of girls like to complain and have someone hear them out and care about them. Or some people like to see the others reactions in some cases.. but only time will tell this was weird hahah

• Thanks :) If you were personally in her shoes, why would you do this to me?

• Yes but that was only because I'm not interested

• was he hitting on you or did you assume he was hitting on you? Was it a similar situation like mine?