Guys: Is religion a deal breaker?

Would you date a girl if she was muslim - how it should be?
Like no exrtremist things, just a normal laid back muslim. Likes to have fun, can let loose and party etc...
Also she was everything you wanted as well in terms of looks and personality.
Would being a muslim be a deal breaker, would you judge her?
Also mention any other religion you may jugde a person on, or may not date based on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Roman-Catholic, and I would die before ever even pretending to convert. I'd much prefer to date another Christian, and I used to tell myself that I would only date other Christians. However... I've met many very attractive, very sweet Muslim girls (much sweeter than domestic women), and I have developed a crush on a cute, busty Shiite girl. I honestly would date her, and perhaps even consider marriage (even if that proved a huge problem).

The bigger problem, however, is the strict internal rules of Islam. Christianity has no prohibitions on marrying those of different faiths (although St. Paul does recommend against it); Islam does. Muslim women are not allowed to date or marry non-Muslim men, and that provides more of an obstacle than my reluctance to date them. Even if she doesn't follow that regulation, such a marriage would cause trouble with her family.

There's also the fact that I don't have particularly Islam-friendly beliefs. I don't hold negative views of most Muslims, especially ones whom embrace the United States, but I certainly have disdain for Islam. I would rather Eastern Rome or the Sassanids crushed the Caliphate when it was still young; I look fondly of Pope Urban II's First Crusade--if I was alive at the time, I would've taken up arms. If I had it my way, the entire Middle-East would return to Christianity. I don't care for Islam's laws, its regulations, its views of women, apostates, and homosexuals, and I certainly don't care for the theocracies its spawned. If a Muslim wife could tolerate my views towards her religion, well, great. But, I don't see that as realistic.

In short, while I don't strictly oppose the idea of courting and marrying a Muslim woman, there are major roadblocks to such a venture.

Most Helpful Girl

• I Married a Sraight Shooter, No monkey business with this muslim from Egypt, @Katerina_Belle where I had to tow the Straight and narrow line Or... Not be Mine.
    Religion was Never a problem when we were living together in Egypt. I am a Christian and we never Once tried to Sway one other on any given Day.
    LDR was the Hardest to have and to Uphold for us. After returning to the states, we had many a Break up and Make up and even right now, for I never have returned, due to personal things and other 'Things' that have gotten much worse over there, we will always probably love one another to our Dying Day... Not being together out there was the dealbreaker that broke the camel's back for us.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Thank you for your opinion :) although sad it's nice to hear people's stories. xx

• lol.. Happy Monday and enjoy your day. xxoo

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Guys Said 56

• Religion is not a deal breaker each is free to worship as they choose, who am I to tell someone they are wrong for their religious beliefs. I one chooses to live their life as a good and moral person not intentionally doing harm to others, then they glorify the will and honor God. No one should tell you you have to go to a religious place of worship as that is the only path to God, I still believe in all paths to God and stand by the idea that we can all coexist as his perfect creation, flaws and all. Just because people have low self esteem or lack self worth and often act out of character doesn't mean they are bad inherently, no baby is born evil or with a known religion, they are born as love and that energy is in all of us regardless of how we choose to worship or choose to act in accordance with our beliefs or emotional pain. I personally do not reject a woman just because she acts out or in, or thinks differently than me. They often reject themselves, and have a distorted view of what love is an isn't due to the conditioning they were raised to believe, it's the same for religion people often cross those boundaries of not mixing religions, love knows no boundaries or religion or shame it only knows love.

• Does not have to be a deal breaker. For just dating, no problem. For getting serious, you would need to agree on things like how to raise kids as far as religion. If you have satisfactory answers, then no problem at all.

• I might be judgy about Scientology because it honestly sounds hilarious to me. But no I wouldn't care what religion a girl is. Assuming she similarly doesn't worry about my belief that religions are generally arbitrary.

• Muslims aren't even allowed to date. It's against their religion.

Anyways, I would under NO circumstances EVER date an Islamist.

And no, there is no way she would be "everything I wanted" in terms of personality if she chooses to be willingly oppressed by her own beliefs.

And on top of that, I believe in sex before marriage, so any religion that says "sex AFTER marriage" is off the list.

• Dating a muslim girl would cause problems with her family as they would probably have issues with me. Or anyone outside their religion for that matter.

• no, only the individual themselves can be a deal breaker to me, but not the religion.

• As an atheist, I would prefer an atheist, too. I would consider someone who is moderately religious, but someone who was too wrapped up in religion, and especially to the point of insisting I come to church/temple/mosque with her definitely would be a deal breaker.

• Depends. Shia or Sunni? I would consider dating a Shia Muslim since I have a lot in common with them as an Eastern Orthodox Christian. Otherwise however I would not date a Sunni Muslim, since to do so would be to make her violate her religion. Plus I would fear that her family would always hate me for marrying their Muslim daughter/sister.

• Well, being Muslim and Christian is the same thing, people just hate taking about it and will defend both sides and it's just a fuss. I don't care about religion. You believe that? Ok, cool. Personally, it's not a deal breaker. Unless they're super hardcore religious and want to convert me, then nah, I'm good.

• I haven't dated Muslim. I won't rule it out specifically, but I can't see how they can fit in with my non negotiable fuck-first policy.

I have dated Jews before, and many Christians and Catholics. Many Buddhists and even a Taoist. I am hesitant to date Taoist again, but it's not yet a deal breaker.

The only religion that's an absolute dealbreaker is American Evangelical Christianity. I will absolutely not date any Evangelicals anymore.

• Shouldn't be a problem - You are dating the person not her religion - If we didn't connect or attract to each other, it would be other things not her faith that interfered with the feelings.

• As long as she's cool with me having a different set of beliefs on those matters then yeah sure.

I wouldn't date someone that was into scientology or satanism. That's about it.

• No, religion wouldn't be a deal breaker... I don't get butt hurt over small things like that. So you believe in allah or God, fine... shows you got the guts to believe in something despite what other people think and I respect that. Would it stop me from dating you? No... it wouldn't.

• I couldn't date someone that wasn't a Christian and it;s not because your Muslim but because I've done the dating but having different religions thing it didn't workout and it made things way to difficult.

• Being a muslim wouldn't. Not sticking to me towards her potentially more conservative parents or expecting me to convert would.

• If there is something to keep the two of us going, but two much difference will separate us.

• Depends if they're serious with it, if they regularly talked about it and shit then fuck that but otherwise I'd try it although my parents wouldn't be happy.

• it's only a deal breaker if ANY faith comes before the well being of the relationship or family.

• sure I would. I'm atheist myself, but I respect other beliefs and I think that religion doesn't need to be a part of a relationship. As long as it doesn't have a huge impact on our daily life then I don't care.

• well for me its all highly dependent on ifs really

i mean i have no problem personally with her being a musilim its just that she would have to be cool with my religious views and any form of moral practices i might have also which might be conflicting to the relationship if i do not agree with some one

i can apply this to any religion or moral views really

• How could we realistically date a Muslim girl. .. if she takes her religion seriously than she's not allowed to date a non Muslim. Only muslim men are allowed. If she doesn't take her religion seriously then the debate is mute.

party you said. Music is heram in Islam. Especially music with both genders in it

• Well, as an atheist, I generally most likely would not date a Muslim or anyone of any other religion for that matter. However, in your case I may give her a chance. Her family could be a problem, though.

• No, but if being with her meant that I had to convert to her religion, then yes.

• I wouldn't date a Muslim girl because I want to marry someone who has the same or similar beliefs as me so I'd just be wasting her time

• Religion could be a deal breaker for me since I'm an atheist.
    I'd be ok with her if she was secular though. No hijab, eats pork but dresses modestly.

• Nope 💁
    Nothing's deal breaker for me
    If she's awesome and can love me then idc about anything else 🍫

• i don't date non-muslims anyway. Mainly because I don't want to have deal with someone completely culturally different than me, too lazy for that.

• For marriage, yes. For a friendly acquaintance? I'd tread lightly. My Facebook newsfeed lights up every time an extremist does something. And when I start connecting dots, others tend to mistake it for a personal indictment.

• I want to say no. However I really have a problem with the Abrahamic religions as my research suggests they were all crafted by Lucifer himself.
    As long as she doesn't bring it into our thing and isn't overly devote I guess it's ok.

• Religion by itself isn't a deal breaker for me. But still, no matter how laid back they are, it is slightly unattractive for me. Muslim, Christian, Hindu - Doesn't matter.

• More from Guys
    26

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• A guy being a Muslim would certainly NOT be a deal-breaker for me. Being an Atheist is more likely to be a deal-breaker for me. I admire anyone who lives their lives in a way that brings honour to God.

• but just living brings honor to GOD

• I don't believe we were made to worship, we are an extension of GOD. As is everything that is. God has no reason to worship herself. You are simply here to experience

• @cjmtherfcker

"I don't believe ".. yes , that is your personal statement, your own view/opinion.. not Gods. He decides in which way he wants to be worshipped, and he decides what type of worship is acceptable to him... not YOU or ME or any other human being.

• To me, no religion would be a dealbreaker as lomg as we can both enjoy similar activities, have sex and the partner doesn't ask me to change according to their beliefs. That way it's no big deal at all.

• If i love the person. yes

• If i was a guy... Yes because her fierce family will track me down and give a severe warning.