Do you think it's more common for a guy to go back to a girl after rejecting her or for a girl to go back to a guy?

In a situation where the girl/guy that got rejected upgraded themselves.

• GirlDo you think it's more common for a guy to go back to a girl after rejecting her or for a girl to go back to a guy?
  • GuyDo you think it's more common for a guy to go back to a girl after rejecting her or for a girl to go back to a guy?
Also this question has nothing to do with breaking up. The scenario is that the person that is rejected is considered ugly and then gets hotter in the future there is no dating involved obviously.
If you think that guys go back to girls then you choose girls. If girls go back to guy then you choose guy. The pictures were used for this reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's common either way. After a rejection, some people try to improve themselves, which is great. But after being rejected I doubt that most people would give the person who rejected them a second chance. When you reject someone, that's it. You shouldn't expect to have another shot in the future with the person you rejected.

Either way, I've seen both guys and girls improve after being rejected, and it is a very good thing. But they should stick to their pride and never forget who rejected them, not giving them any further chance.

• Yea but I meant as the person solely rejecting you for your apperance. I understand what you meant by doing better though.

• It really depends on the potential each person has. Many people who are considered "ugly" actually have a good face shape and usually can turn from "ugly" to "hot" by simply getting braces, better hair and skin care. Working out is also a good way to improve. Maybe girls do it more often though, since guys are mostly too lazy to do this. I could be wrong though :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Girls all the way... Girl not only try to loose weight, change their style up, change their hair color or whatever to try and get a specific guy that rejected them but they also go back and try to get guys they rejected themselves because they didn't know how they feel at the time and he's like fuck it and she's like I want him so bad now...

• Girls for sure. I know guys that go back to girls, but it's rare. Girls getting back with an ex who dumped them or treated them like shit is all over the place. It's almost scary how common it is.

• Guys go back to the girl far more frequently afaik. ... but those pics are sort of misleading to the point/answer of the thread, no?

• No this is the point. You're considered an ugly duckling while you're younger or in the past and then in the future you look completely different

• No girls because that's the scenario which is why I used those pictures. If it was a guy who upgraded then you would choose guy.

• -_- so the answers don't match the question lol... My answer is "guy", but I vote "girl" lol... genius.

• yes , usually they feel they did the wrong thing once that guy/girl get hotter and better in life

• I think guys go back to girls more often because many times they think the grass is greener, but once they realize it isn't, they go back

• Girls will never come back.

• guys are taught to stand up... girls are often not.

• Guys will commonly lower their standards a lot in order to get laid. As such there are very few cases of men rejecting women compared to the number of women that outright reject men. As such it is far more common for women to go back to men. That is until the men have careers are are stable, and the woman is either childless and desperate to start a family before it is too late, or the woman has several children to provide for and looking for a husband to help pay for everything.

I was recently contacted by a girl I knew in high school because her standards were so high, that she is digging through every guy that she rejected to find one to give her a chance now. I have never once had the urge to go back to a woman I rejected. There was always a good reason I rejected them and I stand by those reasons.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's mostly girls who start to doubt their decision to break up.