Are my standards too high for women?

I can't find a girl that fits my standards (which I didn't think were that difficult), so I'm thinking about what the problem is.

-She has to be good looking (7/10+, I'm also pretty good looking so its not like I'm an ugly guy asking for this)
-She has to be laid back and a nice girl, she can't be too b-tchy, sassy, high strung, or controlling.
-She has to have passions (I dont care what it is, music, art, video games, whatever, but I can't stand women that dont like to do anything but watch TV)
-She has to be my religion (Christian)
-She either has to not care about politics, or be my political affiliation, I dont want to get in arguments with her about politics.
-She has to be willing to move anywhere in the world with me (I'm super adventurous, and planning to move to Africa after graduation from college).

Other things that are pluses but not mandatory: cooking skills, musical ability, a good major that will get her a good job if necessary (STEM, Medicine, Finance/Accounting, etc), a love of kids.

What do you think? Are my standards too high? What should I get rid of to make it easier to find girls that fit my standards?

Most Helpful Girl

• The best advise I was ever given was to make my "must have" list 3 things. Most successful long term couples say they picked their partner because they possessed the 2-3 most important things to them. Make sure there are not contradictions in your list (like a career driven woman who has traditional values (ie wants to be the home maker and have lots of kids) or what has already been pointed out to you-well educated career woman who is willing to drop everything and move with you)

While you can certainly have MORE than 2-3 things you want to look for, the longer your list gets, the more unlikely it is to find that woman (and the more likely you are to jump into a relationship with someone "close enough" who may not have the top 3 things you need from a woman).

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe if you have a standard for any woman, you are already beginning to fuck up... or at least thats what they say... apparently women are the only ones that can have standards lol...
    jokes aside... the question i always ask anyone when they talk to me about standards is
    "Can YOU match those standards?"
    you can't want a 10+ when you are an 8 or 6. can't want laid back and ur high strung... can't want her to go anywhere for you but you won't go for her... etc.
    I say if your list is past 5... there's a tad bit of fantasy in there and you will die alone.
    in the relationship world my brother... the KEY to having a happy relationship with some is to enjoy their "positive" sides and ACCEPT their "negative" sides.
    All what you listed are Expectations. and im DAMN SURE you won't like it if someone did that to you...
    (eg... she wants a 9" dick and you are rocking a 6.5") not fair right?
    plus you sound controlling.

What Girls Said 16

• I feel like any time someone has an itemized list of qualities they want in a partner, their standards are too high.

• Are you all of these things? Would you move anywhere in the world with her?
    Are you well educated?
    See if you can mold yourself to the check list because unless you bring as much to the table you can't be here making lists.

• and have you ever considered girls have their own life as well.. they're not robots that would do everything you say and move wherever you want them too.. just find a chick in Africa if you want to move there..

• If you have a checklist, nobody is ever going to fulfill that checklist because nobody is 'perfect' and nobody fits into a list of things. It's okay to have a few things that are desirable or necessary. Like I couldn't ever date someone who hates animals - that's necessary. But it's one thing, not a whole checklist. It's better if you meet people, see if you like them and roll with it, rather than cutting down your options so finely to find this perfect person.

• "She has to be willing to move anywhere in the world with me"
    This one seems like a big ask.

• Travel sure! Move? That's a lot. Its very important to have roots, and many women like the security of their own house. (At least the women I know)

• Have you ever tried online dating? If you like to travel why not meet people from all kinds of places online. If between the two of you distance isn't an issue then she might be shilling to move to Africa with you. But if she has a good job already then moving for her would be difficult and she would most likely refuse. Your never going to find the perfect girl but you can find someone that is just as good. Maybe try finding someone out of ur type and who knows maybe you will like her.

• that isn't TOO demanding, you'll have a hard time finding someone to move with you to africa (people don't generally want to move to africa although it's great here :P ) a passionate, attractive, christian, non-argumentative woman isn't extra hard to find.

• Are you kidding? Have you seen the beaches in west africa? The properties there are beautiful, large and cheap. Low taxes as well, Ghana and Nigeria are on my list of potential retirement locations lol.

• My Ghanian friend is building a house over there now. he's going to complete it in about 4 or 5 years. he's here to get education, career skills, and save up a shit ton of U. S dollars then he plans to go back and live like a king starting an hvac business. Smart dude. But yeah you get so much with dollars and Euro over there, and it's beautiful. Brazil is another country that caught my eye. You have rich and poor areas in every country, including Europe and the US. You're right though, most foreignors don't understand that Africa has cities and industrialization like any other country in the world.

• @Northeast106 it's smart to buy property early on in developing parts of cities. you can rent it out for waay more because it'll be worth more in a decade or two.

• I am everything except political and I am a bit sassy, bitchy and high strung. It comes with the package. In the end women are women. You have to expect something thats not on that list to be there. So far it sounds pretty good tho

• To be blunt. Yes. You shouldn't go around looking for the "perfect girl". Because one day if you find that girl, think about if she is looking for the perfect guy? You can't force someone to fit all of your standards. The most you can do is better yourself, so that when the time comes, you'll be the bet person you can be for your woman.

• There's nothing wrong with 'having standards' but people don't come in lists, just saying.

• Not really you might still find a girl you will meet most of your expectation but not all, I have high standards as well even though my boyfriend won't probably meet all of them I still find him perfect for me.

• All I can say is good luck.

• I don't think your standards are to high. Aleast you have some and I think you have some good ones.

• no. not at all. I live in stockholm for a long time and guys have higher demands on woman.
    let me list:
    - Must be taller than 5"9'' (yes. height requirement. silly ha?)
    - must be skinnier than normal. (like Candice Swanepoel. ugh)
    - must have longer legs, shorter torso (omg)
    - must have thin bones.
    - must have long neck.

ideal woman:
    http://i35.tinypic.com/34zf1p3.jpg
    tadaaa.

• haha your dream dude, you ll never have a girlfriend with this. In plus even if she's like that she would not go out with you cause your so boring and demanding

• Well... I've spotted at least one contradiction. You want her to have a great career, but be able to move anywhere on a whim for you.

It kind of sounds like you're looking for someone to be just like you and give you all the things you want in life with no needs of her own. BUT, considering your youth, that's a fairly normal fantasy and not a sign anything's wrong with you. As you grow, learning the give-and-take dance becomes more of a habit.

• I never said she had to have a great career, I said it would be nice if she has a good college major, but its not required. But as you say that it does make me think, most women in those majors want to get jobs, and if she gets a job then she can't travel with me... hmm I might have to eliminate that as a positive, thanks for your input!

What Guys Said 10

• Uh, the moving around the world thing is your problem. No one who has their ducks in a row like you want just wants to roam around the world without at least some idea of where your going.

I understand your thought on politics, but maybe if you are bringing this up too early or being too picky it's an issue. Just be lax with it

• Your standards are your standards, just be aware you're target audience.

7/10 = top 30%, Christian faith lowers that, moving to Africa lowers that even more. Factor in the pluses and you are really narrowing it down to like the top 2% of women. That means your competition is the top 2% of men, and at this point you only 'might' have your looks to go on, while the chances are that they have better looks, money, power and experience.

• A little to high with some especially the moving part, but maybe if you just meet one from Africa you won't have that one problem, all the rest are reasonable

• I'm not exactly in to African women, so that wouldn't work, although foreign Asian or European women might work for me... hmmm, thats a good idea, I've heard they are more willing to travel, and are more laid back then many American girls. Of course then the religion problem comes into play cause most Asian women aren't Christian, and many European women are agnostic or atheist. Plus I dont really have the money to go to either of these places at the moment, and traveling somewhere to meet girls is a little weird if you ask me.

• A foreign women is probably your best bet and you could go to South Africa and meet all types there if that's where you want to end up otherwise that's going to be the tuff part on your list since most women don't want to leave their career and families

• Nah, there's girls who are looking for the exact thing you are, besides, this list also sounds fun for your significant other as well.

• no you're standards are not too high. modern women are just trash.

• I have also very high standards for girls I date (these are basically interests in music, art and fashion), but still menage to find people to like through my friends, even though I don't live in Moscow or London, where all these types of girls are. in my opinion, you are a smart dude, who knows what he wants.

• sounds reasonable to me, except perhaps the moving where ever part. Girls look for pretty much the same things otherwise

• No, that's actually not too crazy.

• And i was begining to think my standards of not making me want to rip out my hair were 2 high

• Man your better then me. Me standards are

Buns
    Boobs
    Nice smile

You have this you got me