Do you avoid sending another text if you don't get a response?

I've been going out with this girl for about 2-3 months now, and sometimes she will take hours to respond. One thing I've been trying to do is not send another text until I get a response. I don't want to seem desperate or needy. I've done that before with past girlfriends, where I will send 2-3 texts before I get a response but I hated when 3 texts would just sit there unanswered. So unless I have something really important to say, I don't send anything else.

That being said, do you think it is a good thing to never send multiple texts? I really don't like that there are all of these rules about how you should behave when you are first starting to date someone. Do you ever text multiple times if you don't get a response? Or do you just let it go and wait for them to respond?

Most Helpful Girl

• thats what happened with me and my boyfriend, this summer i was constantly texting him (he didn't like me back then) i would get super mad if he was online and didn't even view the message, i could send him up to 10 text before he replied. now that we are dating i asked him and he said i was very annoying, now i only send 1 text before i get a reply, so i just wait until he responds

Most Helpful Guy

• don't send multiple texts dude... you seem to have it going right. "unless you have something important to say"... forget the desperation... its just annoying on the other end. I know... been spammed.. A LOT.
    now if you don't get any for a few days... you might wana ask why lol.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah, i like to make sure that i get a response in return and it's a mutual conversation. if i'm the only one talking, it feels like i'm the only one interested in continuing the conversation. if they don't give me a response back, i just wait until they do. if they don't then i ignore and forget them

• I feel like no one has to remind someone to be in their life. With that said, I feel that is she wanted to talk to you, she would take a couple of seconds out of her day to respond. I wish you the best of luck!

What Guys Said 2

• If you don't get a response don't send another text.

• nah i keep message til they answer nobody avoids me bitch