Should I go for it?

So, long story short there is this girl who works at my school's earth science library, and she has short blonde hair and I think she is gorgeous. I plan to work there next semester, as I am a Geology major. We have said a few things here and there, but we've never really had a conversation, nor do I know her name. I'm not sure if she is lesbian or not (I know short hair doesn't mean lesbian, I just idk). I waved once, but I don't think she saw and it was very awkward. I want to approach her and ask for her name, and call her pretty, but I don't know if that is too much.

What Girls Said 1

• Approach her and ask her name. It's not too much.

What Guys Said 2

• I think that giving her your number or dropping a straightforward compliment like that is too out of the blue.

If you want to compliment her, be a bit more subtle - go with something like, "I like your hair", since it's one of her attributes you seem to find attractive.

Try to talk with her a bit more frequently, too, and get that name!

• Hey nice seeing you again
    (Little conversation)
    Well I gotta go by the way whats your name
    Nice to meet you my name is
    Ill see you later
    Leave your #
    If she text or not at least you tried