Is age a deal breaker?

do you guys think that age is important when dating someone?
do you think it's weird for a girl to go out with a guy who's a year younger than her?
do you think it's weird for a guy to go out with a girl who's older than him?

I'm just curious about what others think about this haha ;p

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not a deal breaker, but it certainly is not the norm, and I feel a lot of girls would not date younger guys simply for the reason that it is not the norm. Girls care too much about what other people think.

I pretty much exclusively date older women and to be honest I am so over dating younger girls. Insecurities and immaturity run rampant in women under 30. People under 30 really...

Most Helpful Girl

• hahah i don't really care even if the guy is like 20 years older it can kinda be even better sometimes, i like people who have been through a lot and who know about life and can teach me things i like people from who I can learn a lot so yeah :3333

What Guys Said 24

• its not a deal breaker for me.

like seriously, "oh she's 3 years older than me, instant no fly-zone" fuck off society lol

• "do you think it's weird for a girl to go out with a guy who's a year younger than her?"
    A year? A WHOLE year?
    You pedophile monster.
    Unless you were born withing 6 weeks of each other, it is a sin to even consider a relationship.

• The question doesn't apply to me, because I don't want to date, however to answer in general.

Yes, it can be a deal breaker in some cases, one year difference is fine. It's not too much.

• Don't think it matters too much. I'm 18. If a lady was 25 and had the right personality, I'm not going to run away.

• No, I can't judge that except if the person is under age I'll say something, or intervene.

• If she's 5 years older than me, not gonna happen. I want a family at some point.

If she's younger than 22, not happening. I'm not interested in that sort of drama anymore.

• For me age is just a number never a deal breaker

• It really depends..

In all honesty, the older i have gone is 37yo, and its because i really love talking to girls that are really mature and great in bed.

Currently im seeing a 23yo. She can keep an interesting conversation so im cool with her, but i have date 19yo or 20yo and they are just childs in that sense.. Hehe

• well, of course it matters to a certain degree.
    she should be legal and I also prefer not dating a granny

• Depends. If a guy is 30 he may of lives through being a player , partied. If the girl is 22 probably hasn't done that and would probably feel a sense of loss or missing out depends on the individuals tbh

• It is for me

• It really depends on the age of the participants. As teenagers, the age difference can be quite troublesome. More than a year or two really feels like a dramatic change in maturity. Whereas beyond that and into adulthood, the age gap becomes less of an issue. Being in your 20s or 30s, 5 years even isn't a big deal. Even older and it becomes even less important.

• Yes it is. I am in my 60's and do NOT want a lady too much younger than me but I can't find one. I do find girls 30 years younger than me but they are all after the money. No fun 4 me.

• My last girlfriend was a year older than me.

• Right now I wouldn't date anyone more than a year or 2 older or younger than me

• its not that much a problem for me. i prefer to date any girl who is youner than me not older.

• i am not into older girls

• As long as she's legal

• Only if she's or legal or has kids that are near my age

• No it's just a number

• I have gone out with a woman that was much older than me before. It wasn't a good experience. I have talked to guys that have had the exact same problems. The woman often has trouble respecting younger guys as equals, and has huge confidence issues about their looks as they age that brings all sorts of problems into the relationship. For long term relationships I don't think it is wise to date older women.

I have never dated a significantly younger woman. I would be up to giving them a chance to see how we click. Their maturity may be a problem if they are still in the party phase of their life, but other than that I have never been able to tell a big difference in maturity of women regardless of age. It seems like they are pretty much stay the same person no matter how old they get.

• no no no

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• Depends. Like I wouldn't date an 18 year old. Or a 50 year old. But I'd totally date a 25 or 35 year old.

• not for pedos

• My boyfriend is 2 years younger than me, but he is mature asf. It doesn't matter to me.

• I think age can be a deal breaker, but when it's only a couple of years then no... it doesn't matter

• Yes. I don't fuck w/ older dudes

• Its irrelivent

• I dont think it matter all that much. If one person was considerably younger such as 20/30 age gap then i think this can pose a problem (Ive seen it first hand) because they are at two different stages of life and maturity. But if its a year or two then no it doesn't matter as long as they are happy

• Not at all, my girlfriend is 22 years old.

• I think one or two years younger is alright. 3 years older is okay-

• No not a big deal to me. My boyfriend is 9 years older than me

• She asked about the guy being younger, not older. Older guy is the norm, she is asking about the opposite.

• @Metlahaed I totally misread that
      Whoops, sorry asker

Anways I don't think it's weird or bad at all , not even a deal breaker either way

• Older guys is so much the norm that even when reading the opposite your brain says "this is what it must have meant" without even realizing it. Really goes to show how marvelous yet deceptive our brains can be.

• i wouldn't date someone who's younger than me. and for older as long as they look young no problem