How can an ugly, shy and socially awkward person ever get a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• You might be attraction to someone so I don't think It's would be hard to ask a girl who likes you out now if you want a hot girlfriend all you have to do is treat her different than most guys (she probably date jerk) It's all about personality

What Girls Said 7

• 1. The only people who are ugly are literally people who put no effort into themselves. If that is you, you can't really expect people to put effort into you if you don't do the same. If it isn't, you're good. I've seen plenty of dimes go for guys purely on personality. Plus she might not think you're ugly at all.
    2. Being shy is okay at first, but you need to try to be brave where it counts. Ask out the girl you want because, honestly, most girls don't ask out guys. She will like you so much more because you had the courage to do it.
    3. Being socially awkward can often be cute. Most girls will proabably like that about you.

• "The only people who are ugly are literally people who put no effort into themselves"

That's usually true. However, I know some disfigured people for whom that isn't true.

• @Bluemax beauty is a matter of opinion. A difiguration would change physical appearance but some people have linked a person's inner beauty with their outer appearance causing them to appear beautiful to that person. I feel in a lot of cases, not every case though, personality can trump a lot of things

• There is evidence which suggests that being ugly is much more objective than most people are willing to believe.

• Go after girls who are also shy, awkward and not conventionally attractive.

• I can't date someone I'm not attracted to. I just can't do it.

• @Bluemax well I'd do what I could to make myself as attractive as possible - work out, eat well, dress well, etc. And I'd work on being an enjoyable and interesting person to be around. And I'd start swinging for the average dudes.

• So would I, and to the asker and whomever else is reading, I believe this is a wiser policy than "Go after girls who are also shy, awkward and not conventionally attractive."

What many people sometimes overlook is that it is easy to be unattractive. Don't groom yourself, don't dress fashionably, don't exercise, don't pay attention to your hair, and don't mind what you eat, and you'll be physically unattractive in no time. This implies that it's (unfortunately) easy to become physically unattractive BY ACCIDENT. Some people believe that physical appearance is ALL an accident of birth, but it's not. We can make choices (and you have chosen wisely, Sara413) to improve our appearance. Furthermore, I believe these improvements are actually EASIER to make than actually forcing oneself to be attracted to someone who you don't find attractive.

• my boyfriend is ugly (my friends called him that, obviously i don't think he is), shy ('i never heard a peep out of him until you two started talking') and socially awkward (on his phone because he doesn't want to socialise when he's with a new group of people)
    ... he also friendzoned me for 5 months before he got over our age difference
    and tada, girlfriend 4 him

• Your 15 you don't really have a freindzone. You either have guys you hang out with or boyfreinds.

• Dropping hints isn't telling him. Chickening out isn't telling him.

• @Jack_S true true. it's all good now so thanks :)

• Date an ugly shy and socially weird girl

• LOL or just walk upto the hottest girl and say hey ca I borrow your phone as I need to ring my mother then ring your own phone pass her phone back and say thanks I'll call you later :p ! Worked many times for me

• date a girl who doesn't think you are ugly and socially awkward.

• I don't believe he's in the dating process yet. He's in the finding process.

• if you re intelligent you can get easily a sapiosexual girlfriend

• Work on the things in your control like hitting the gym, having a decent haircut and practicing social skills.

• go for an ugly, shy, awkward and fat ugly girls with acne

What Guys Said 11

• Stop being ugly, and shy, and socially awkward

• @Bluemax I totally agree with what @ConsultantIsBack is saying.

• Pretty much what @consultantisback said, yeah.

I mean, if you get in good enough shape and you mind yr aesthetics at all, then, as a boy, "ugly" becomes almost impossible.
      As yr body gets cut, yr face will get cut along with it -- and, tbh, that kind of face pretty much WILL be attractive, to at least some degree. I swear, ugly is practically impossible once you get to the point I have in mind.

• It's going to be difficult yes.

• Just get into a small group of some kind and when you get some confidence use it.

• Ugliness isn't a huge deal. Being well groomed and stylish is more important where women are concerned. You cure social awkwardness by going out of your comfort zone on a consistent basis until you overcome it.

• I've been doing that for years.

• well then give up if that's what you want to do.

• I don't want to give up. I want to know what I'm doing wrong. But no one seems to be able to answer that.

• Well that is only what you think I used to have that kind of momentum. I started working out , got a job and it GREATLY increased my ability to pull. And get attention. The main thing is confidence to attract the opposite sex confidence = attraction.

• I do work out and I have a job

• Still doesn't work.

• Hmm I did have that problem. You could be being too nice , to talkative or what ever girls like to fight abit themselves what I did to overcome this is I would talk in person add them over Facebook and always leave cliff hangers. Keep them thinking. Be abit cheeky. I would normally message them a few days after on Facebook and say hey I've been meaning to ask you something but haven't had the chance yet. Then boom leave them until you see them lol but that's complicated. The only way to cut that crap which is hard because most girls like that and competition is high with the male gender then it's a lot easier to invite them for a coffee and stuff. It is a lot harder now a days due to Facebook and stuff girls rather spend time talking on Facebook or on dating sites.

• Leave 8/10s and above to 10/10s like me and follow with below 7s OP

• Focus on your financial situation

• Lmao @ female responses

Improve yourself and love yourself before you expect a girl to love you.

• they can't there doomed forever

• Very carefully