If a guys says this, what does it mean?

Okay so this past weekend I met up with an ex boyfriend that I dated 10 years ago. He was my first love and I was his. I saw him and everything came back. The feelings you name it. He hugged and kissed me and it was like we were kids again. i have two kids now. And he's saying that my situation isn't the easiest to walk into. I know that but I also didn't want to move fast either. I wanted to get to know each other again. So he told me that he's always had feelings for me but right now the feelings are mixed. What does he mean when he says that? Am I basically right in the fact that he just doesn't want to try this slowly all over again? He's the one who let it go this time. So I hope he will realize that he was the one who let me go.

What Guys Said 1

• Well his feelings are mixed because you are a mother and you have kids now and plus there are some details missing from your side, I mean you said he is your ex boyfriend, right and you also said you have two kids, so that means you are married? are you married still? is your husband still in the picture? I mean if you are still married and you have two kids, you live with your husband then how can your boyfriend's feeling be same as before?

I mean it's like he has feelings for a woman who was once his girlfriend but is now married to someone else, how can feelings be the same as before? It's never easy for a boyfriend to live with that fact, so that is what he meant when he said he has mixed feelings.

• I was never married. Both of my kids have different dads. Sad? Yes. I also don't live my youngest's father. He's been in and out for the past couple months with my youngest. I've also made it clear that there's nothing for my youngest's father.

• I understand that. But what I'm not understanding is he knew all this before we even saw each other. He was the one who pushed us seeing each other. He remembers everything. Has kept all of our pics and even notes I've sent him. If soneone loved another person that much to keep everything I would hope that despite the situation and circumstances involved that if the love is real, that that person would look past that and try to pursue it and see where it goes. If someone's first love came back and nothing had changed, I would hope that given the second chance years later it would be pursued.

• Yes, I understand and you make a good point.

What Girls Said 2

• He probably wants to try to reconnect with you but is scared because you have 2kids by another man and isn't sure how easy it would be to enter into that situation

• It means that you shouldn't be wasting your time with him.