Ladies, what should a guy wear on a first date hike?

Going on a first date hike that's around three miles round trip with a gal who is also outdoorsy. I prefer to look nice but it will be hot, sunny, and partially muddy. I want to wear a cut off shirt, athletic shorts, and my running shoes. Fashion might be out the window on this one but suggestions are welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how brushy. Is this a paved trail or a real trail?

• It's in a National Forest, unpaved

• I never been hiking... So I would think they hurt lol

What Girls Said 4

• If you're going on a hike, then you don't need to worry about dressing amazingly. Just dress appropriately, e. g. a t-shirt, shorts and hiking boots. Your outfit sounds fine, you don't wanna sacrifice your comfort.

• Wear clothes practical for hiking? lol like what? Don't be a try hard, go for practical or you're gonna be miserable.

• When it comes to hiking. Fashion should be out the window, I agree. Wear what is appropriate

• (laughing)
    Three miles IS soooooooooooo NOT a hike dude.
    Its not even a power walk :P

Peace xo

What Guys Said 2

• If she is also outdoorsy, I'd say don't worry about it! I live in California but my favorite hiking friend lives in Minnesota and I am going to meet up with her in a couple of weeks for some fun hiking. Just dress for the conditions and you'll be fine. Chances are she won't be concerned at all.

• Dress like a park ranger, you know with those really high tucked in shorts