I'm in love with my cousin or something idk?

Okay I need help I have feelings for my cousin we haven't acted it on it well we've cuddled and kissed and just fooled around and I know it's wrong but it's something about him and I want him and I think he feels the same way but I don't know I'm scared cause it truly hurts and I don't want to have this feelings and we were not close until last summer we going really close and that's when it started and I don't know what to do we live in different states but we visit all the time and I would break it off but that would make me lose contact with him cause I couldn't stand seeing him with someone else I haven't told him how I feel cause it's wrong and I'm just scared it happened to my cousin (his sister) she had feelings for her cousin but her parents found out and now they don't talk anymore and I don't want that it would hurt to much but right now it hurts so bad I cry cause I'm not with him and he's in a different school so what if he's with other girls the thought hurts and I can't take it I need advice what should I do please help

Hey guys thanks for all comments update is I'm keeping my distance it really creeps me out so I'm just going to find someone I'm not related to haha lol this was a very weird thing and it scares me so basically it's over and I'm happy weirdest experience ever!

Most Helpful Guy

• take a breath! That read like one big, long sentence!

I don't think it is messed up for cousins to like each other. It isn't super uncommon, either. Sit with him, and talk. You've already cuddled, kissed, and fooled around. So talk. Ask each other how you each actually feel. Ask if it's just because of convenience (the familiarity family brings) of it you actually are interested in each other. Ask if it's just fooling around for the sake of fun and experimenting with someone you can trust, of it there is something more.

If you both decide you want it to be a real connection, then you understand how you each feel, and you make it a long distance relationship until you can see each other.
    When you have time to be together, be proper around family, and don't give people room to be suspicious of the time you spend together. And when you're both over 18, if you want to keep it going, and you tell your family, and they don't understand, then you can move on, without worrying about your parents keeping you away. You'll be adults then, and they won't have a say.

• Thank you I'm going to tell him how I feel and tell him that I'm keeping my distance cause this is just too weird it really creeps me out and sneaking around is not my thing so this is definitely not going to work out by any chance in the long run ugh I feel disgusted lol thank though

• Thanks I will definitely keep that in mind but now thinking about it it really grosses me out and it's creepy so yeah he is family but I just want to get my emotions right I'm going to still talk to him once in a while but not all the time like I did and if we're ever together again nothing will happen I will make sure of that so Ima keep my distance he's probably going to since something is up and I need your advice again besides I'm not talking to him but I wanted to tell him this has to stop and all and why we won't be talking as much and he's been like ignoring me I was like we need to talk and it's not something good and he was like just tell me and I was like call me and he never did so I don't know we haven't talked in like three days maybe it's creepy for him to so he's backing away too I don't know but all I know is that whatever was going on isn't any more and I just don't want to hurt him but it's wrong what we did or were doing and I just feel it's un natural

• It sounds to me like he is maybe, like you, freaking out a bit with what happened, and also wants to stop things, and so he is trying to pull back from you. Maybe he's afraid that you're going to tell him it's serious, or something like that, and so he is avoiding you.

I would suggest calmly backing off. Don't go out of your way to try to talk to him or whatever. If he is also trying to end things, Like it sounds like to me he is, then you backing off will make him relax. You might just need to give it time to talk about it. You might not need to talk about it, if you are both backing off.

If he was trying to get in touch with you constantly, begging you to call him and talk, you might worry that he wanted to make things serious, right? He might see what you're doing the same way.
      So calm down, step back, and give him room.

What Guys Said 6

• This is actually very common. A lot of people's first sexual exploring is with a cousin. If you're second cousins I think you can marry but I don't know the legalities of first cousins

• By a lot what percentage

• mind blown. im going to just go ahead an believe you because you seem really adamant about this and yeah wtf not.

• I think it's incredibly weird so I'm just going to keep my distance for a while and cut it out cause it creeps me out

• Kissing and fooling around is not acting on it? I would say you sure did act on it seek help the both of you

• Yeah no thanks but hey if that's what floats your boat.

• Lol wow im surprised our community took this so well.
    I think you should pursue him

• Lmfaooo

• the reason incest is wrong is due to the genetic deformities that come out of it. The way I see it love is love. If you want kids make sure to adopt. problem solved.

What Girls Said 3

• I never liked any of my cousin... maybe your attractive to their personality!

• Aah I don't know I think it was because i just got out of a bad relationship when I first met him my cousin and now I'm over it its too damn weird and so I'm keeping my distance and we're just cousins that's all anything else is too creepy

• There you said it! You got out of a bad relationship. You need to give yourself time to be by yourself and relax. No more boys. You have to learn how to be emotional dependent on yourself not wanting other. Hopefully someday you'll grow out of this need for guys.

• I don't see it as incest tbh. In many parts of the world marrying your first cousin is legal and not taboo. In my country for example it isn't, but I personally wouldn't do it.

• any of your cousins hit on you yet?

• its totally normal in your culture but it even creeps you out like you said ya lol.

• I definitely wouldn't do it

• everyone had a cousin like that, you'll get over it