Is it normal for a guy with a long term girlfriend to text, snapchat, like pictures on social media, go to lunch, and hangout with other girls?

my boyfriend does this a lot. i dont know if its normal or not. he texts a lot of my friends everyday and they have conversations that last days. he also snapchats other girls and he goes to lunch with them and has them over. sometimes at parties I find him with girls on top of him or sitting by him on a couch just the two of them. he likes a lot of other girls pictures on social media. he walks in the hallways with other girls too. is this okay?

• not normal
  • its normal

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him how he'd like it if it was reversed. He's not your boyfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like it can go both ways, if he's flirting and not making it clear to girls he's unavailable then there's a problem. But if it is getting to you (it may not have originally and may start to now) then I say just TALK to him, don't start a fight or accuse him or any bad intentions just say how it makes you feel and ask why he does it and as someone else commented, ask how he'd feel if it was reversed.
    But it can be normal if he just has female friends etc. But you have a right also to say you aren't comfortable with him having girls physically all over him at parties!

What Guys Said 2

• its ok to me. whats it matter what i think? im not his girlfriend. u are. really only matters what u think. if u wanna say "drop all ur friends" thats on u. or "dont have ambiguous physical contact with other girls" or "dont ever sit next to a girl" then thats on u.

• I don't know what a "snapchat" is, but I'm guessing is some kind of IRC.
    Basically you're asking if your boyfriend should be allow to have female friends? Because that's all I can see him doing right now. I wouldn't give a shit if my girlfriend would have some male friends she's particularly attached with. But I can see most people do not believe in "male-female friendship".

What Girls Said 5

• Okay, my boyfriend is a bit of a flirt and it's not on purpose. I am too, but we're flirts in different ways. He may accidentally flirt with people, but he would never intentionally do so. He also has a lot of friends that are girls, and my best friend is a guy as well as his is a girl. Despite this, he would not do the shit that your "boyfriend" is doing. I would rethink that relationship if that's the way he acts.

• I don't think it's normal, he's not really making it clear that he's unavailable ( the girls sitting on him thing) and personally I think it's kinda weird he has lunches with girls, or other girls over... I mean if other people are there fair enough but if he spending alone time with him if i were you my alarm bells would be ringing.

I think you should speak to him though, stand your gorund because honestly if the roles were switched would he be worried etc?

• It depends on the guy. if he's the kind of guy who always had girl friends rather than guy friends, then it's okay.

• It depends on your personal and relationship boundaries as to what's "normal". I hang out with my boyfriends friends, we have lunch, snapchat etc but I never go over to their houses or party with them.

• Anyone in a relationshipshould be allowed to have friends of both genders. However, if these girls end up sitting on his lap I understand why you are a bit concerned. Have you talked to him about it? Explain how you want to let him be free and socialise, but the way he interacts with these girls makes you feel insecure. Maybe make a deal about what you do and don't want him to do with his friends (like about sitting on lap or cuddling). Also have your friends look out for if he may be cheating.