Guys and Girls: What do you think about of short women?

I am 22 years old and I am a petite 5ft 3 inches. My mum is the same height as me and my dad is 6 ft. Last year I was in my final year of university and I met a girl called mary who I became friends with and she is 5 ft 9 inches. She was amazing and funny person then I became friends with her boyfriend. All of 3 of us had a blast but i always use to envy Mary because she was beautiful and she was tall also so many guys came up to her even when she had a boyfriend. Then the friend I loved betrayed me she posted things that i was hitting on her boyfriend because i didn't have boyfriend or that no one didn't like me because i was short and ugly. I got bullied people called me a slut. i felt insecure about my height and I wished I was tall. Two months ago I met this guy who I liked he was attractive, funny, nice etc and he asked me on a date. We therefore dated for a month then I found him with Mary and he was cheating on me. I confronted him and he said he was only dating me because he felt sorry for me that I didn't have a boyfriend and that guys are only attracted to tall girls and not short girls. I felt horrible I felt I had a connection with him but he turned out to be jerk. I don't understand this what does height got to do with how attractive you are. You don't date or marry someone for how short or tall they are you date/marry them for the person they are. I want to know what do guys think of short women and why is it that guys only like tall women.

Most Helpful Guy

• Short is cool. Tall is cool. Medium is cool. It's all good. I'm 6'2 so I don't give it much thought, most women are shorter than me, it's just a matter of by how much. It's it's own kind of look, I like it, but I don't think it's better or worse than other body types.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know so many guys who love shorter women!

I would stay away from this Mary person, she sounds like a terrible friend. You deserve someone who is going to be supportive and not cheat with your boyfriend. I'm sorry you went through that!

But it sounds like that guy was a loser anyway, so forget about him!

I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would love to date you! Just give it some time.

What Guys Said 25

• I'm short for a guy. I've dated short women mostly, but I like someone as tall or slightly taller. It just feels better to me, but often the women want taller guys.

I know a short woman (4'10) that has lots of interested guys who are tall, like a foot taller. don't make things so simple as your height. your friend may be confident in who she is and that comes across, or she is just really attractive and energetic. can be a lot of things.

• I am not tall at all and I would feel awkward being with a tall woman. According to my latest physical I am actually loosing height , so that complacated things for me even more. You are correct that guy was just a jerk

• I would not worry about your height. I've always gravitated to shorter women even though I'm taller. Most girlfriends and been 5' to 5'3. I find petite girls cuter and more attractive.

Don't worry. Shorter girls get noticed too and by some of us even more.

• Thank you it really means a lot

• 5'3 isn't small, In fact i think its average. That 'friend' of yours is an absolute bitch, you're well shot of the lot of them. Anything from 5' to 6' is perfectly fine for like 95% of guys.

• Yeah, 5'3 is only an inch shorter then the woman's average (at least in America)

• Maybe you should ask other women. They're the ones who feel the need to be with taller guys. I have never heard of a guy who cared about a girl's height.

• Height for most guys has no impact on dating since theyre usually taller than most girls, anything between 5'1 and 5'11 works with me, the best heights being 5'4-5'9 , what really matters is how attractive you are , i saw a girl who was probably 5'7 or a little taller and she was absolutly stunning but iam interested in a 5'2 girl so its all good.

• I will never turn down a short girl she's a human I do like tall girl though

• Not true, not all guys. I like short women, something about it makes me instantly attracted to them at least a little.

• Personally, a girl's height is not that important to me. I feel like very tall girls are usually more self-conscious about it. I don't know.

I just don't think height is as important to men as it is to women. There was this research done where it turns out men are quite attracted to pretty faces, whereas women will accept a less handsome face if the guy is tall.

• I am 5'6" but love a short lady. 4'8" to 5' is ace. MUST not be overweight for her height BUT can have breasts bigger than her height suggests, as long as she has big erectile nipples, sensitive ones that I can love to suck on. Sorry, maybe looking 4 the designer lady but I can live in hope.

• I like fun sized girls.

• im not attracted to only tall women, i like short women too, personality and inside beauty is more important to me that physical looks.

• Thanks you. I totally agree that the inner beauty is more important than the outer beauty.

• your welcome.

• I don't care. I'm 6'5 and I've been with women that are 5ft to 6'2 and I don't think you want to be with a man so shallow or insecure.

• You know the guy I used to love two months ago now when I think about it I don't love me anymore because the one month we were together there was no trust or nothing. But I learned 1 thing from this is to never let anyone make you feel low about yourself and to accept yourself for who you are.

• Bam! You got it!

• 5'4 is the average height for ladies

• Not my type, taller chicks are hotter but dang OP lol did that really happened ha

• I don't really care about height... my last crush was about 5'2", I'm 6'5" myself... lol

• awesome- love them

• Short women, I don't feel attracted to taller women.

• I like petite, short girls,

• short chicks are the best in my opinion.

• yeah they are cool as well :)

• not all guys like tall women I like short women always have and I am 5'10 myself

• I am a 5'9 guy (i know thats short) and I will date someone your height. Its all about different people with different minds. Some boy said you are short does not mean its behalf of every men. Its just different preferences.

• Thank you it really means a lot. You are right that every person has there own preferences in what they want in a opposite sex. 5ft 9 inches is not short it is actually a perfect height. Thanks again

• That's pretty average for women. Would you rather be 5'9 or 5'10?

• If I was the girl two months ago i would have done anything to be tall but now I don't. Now I am happy with myself and I don't care what people think about me

• What country are you in?

I think most countries, some guys like tall, some like short, but the -typical- preference is quite country specific. While most places like somewhat tall men, the 'ideal' height for women varies quite a bit.

Most guys i know -prefer- short women.

• Thanks. I am born in the uk but my mum is Mexican and dad is Spanish. I am living in London

• @asker I live in the UK, British men couldn't give a shit about height.

• @Goldie757 That is sort of my impression.

in the USA, it's generally an advantage for women to be short, tall women complain

What Girls Said 11

• I am the same height actually 5'2 and I've had no problem with this! I think short females can have nice legs to and nice everything that another women that was taller could have! I think its not about your height at all and perhaps unintentionally you just go after the wrong people and maybe look at the situation and don't settle for just any guy that gives you the slightest attention.

• Thanks for the advice. Yeh I really learnt my lesson that to love myself and no allow anyone make me feel low about myself.

• I think the entire situation has absolutely nothing with your heigh. Being a short women is so not a problem when it comes to men.
    Yes, some men like tall women but more often than not being short is an advantage. Short men are the one who have it hard.
    Men who aren't too tall feel taller than the girl and like it, tall men like to protect us.
    I've never met short women who were insecure about their heigh but I did met tall women who were. So you should really not bother with that.

• I'm 5'2" and my sister's 4'11". We're short and we both love it. My boyfriend is 6' and I don't think I've ever dated a guy below 5'11". It's not because I discriminate against height, but I just always seem to be involved with taller guys. I don't think height is a deciding factor on dating someone and height isn't the only thing that attracts a guy to a girl.

• Srsly, height is the last factor anyone should take in when considering a partner. I think ya dodged a bullet with those men! Your height is fine. I am your height. Many women are your height. Life will continue on. You just have to accept yourself.

:)

• I'm your height
    I personally don't think height is too big of an issue because personality matters a lot more

• Lesson: Better to be suspicious than never. She seems to like being a drama queen to make people sorry for herself. One day when she gets a STD... That will even it out. Don't feel sympathy for your enemy.

• I'm 5'9" and it sucks.

5'3" isn't even that small, plus men do not put that much emphasis on a woman's height.

• Mary's needs to get out of your life.. You'll be fine. Only 5' here.. It's ok. Guys don't mind once they realize how amazing we are at life and personality to make up for our height ;)

• Guys like all sorts of heights. I don't think they put too much emphasis on it unless they are quite short themselves. I'm 5'11 and never had any issues with my height and neither has my shorter friends with dating.

• short girls aren't usually given a hard time in the real world dont worry. I am 5'3" as well. short guys are given a harder time, but people find love. so many people in this world

• Yeah you right I guess I was with a wrong person who I thought was a right guy but turned out to be an completely different person. But now I am happy

• @anonuser20 yea i understand it does, its like short guys have to try to make up for the shortness by working on other features. sorry wish it wasn't so hard. if it helps im a short girl who is happy with short guys too.

• Ya, thanks for understanding, by the way what's your spectrum for the "short men"?
      What range is called as short?

• Ummm short people are awesome. I've never heard anything negative, and I'm 5'0.