Is it normal for a guy to go from flirty and affectionate to just friendly?

Some days he's super flirty and affectionate and we talk how we feel about each other. Then the next day, he's just friendly and says things you say to your buddy not a girl you're seeing. When he does that, I'm not sure if all the other stuff was true or he was just saying it for sake of saying it.
What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him his hot/cold behavior is confusing to you

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds normal. You should expect to see different moods. Sometimes flirty, sometimes friendly, sometimes upset, etc. Just like you probably don't want him to expect you to only have 1 mood all the time, right?

• You're right. I was just confused because I asked him if he wants to get together and he said he'll let me know if he has time. I talked to him today and he hasn't mentioned anything.
      I think it would have been nice if he said something either way but he hasn't.

• And it's more relaxing too if you trust him. Having my boyfriend initiate most of the dates and texts makes me feel special like his princess and in itself gives me the reassurances I need to feel secure ;)

• Exactly! You said better than I would :)

What Guys Said 5

• he's probably trying to flirt but he may not be feeling it. Od he's getting his gratification elsewhere and not feeling it. Either way... normal... not always going to flirt.

• So that doesn't change how he feels, does it?

• I think u need to go slow... observe and talk. Id switch off the flirt at times just so i dont over do it. Let us know if i discover a revelation. Never felt like this... ask him to try and explain what he means and see if it makes sense. See how he is in various settings like social and with your friends. I dont feel deceived or manipulated do u?

Good luck.

• He said that feels all these wonderful emotions and that he can't stop thinking about me. I feel the same way about him and maybe this sudden change in emotions feel weird at times.
      Or maybe now that he knows how I feel he's more comfortable and doesn't have a need to be impressing me all the time?

• Confusing behavior, you should ask him to be more direct.

• You can't expect us guys to dish out that much sugar on the daily basis unless he's freaking Romeo.
    Just recharging before going back into the fray.

• Likely because you're not reciprocating, so he just quits.

• Mabe he likes you and is trying to tone it back a bit so you don't think he's just a horn dog.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, a relationship is also a friendship, so you should expect him to show other sides of himself than just his romantic side. Not everything he says should be romantic, that would be annoying.