The guy doesn't choose the girl, he just gives the girl an opportunity to choose him. Ladies, do you agree?

I've heard this stated in a book and thought it was a novel pespective. What do you think?

• Agree
    47% (24)
  • Disagree
    53% (27)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I said yes.. Although I dont understand in what context you mean the question. I just want to say that I have been thinking about this a lot recently (past few days).

Technically, it is the man who chooses a woman, becuase he sees an attractive woman, he courts her and AFTER a while - if she then likes him, she chooses him... But technically, she didn't really choose him. HE CHOSE HER because he went after her! Now, if it was the opposite that a woman went after a guy she liked and then they dated, she chose him (!)... Sometimes, they both like each other instantly and attract one another then they CHOOSE each other... but if one has to court the other to then get a yes, the one who made the first move is the one who made the choosing.

Having this thought process then made me realize, that I never chose my partners, they choose me. Now, after my last relationship, I am no longer going to be chosen, I am going to CHOOSE.

Hope that helps ;) :)

What Girls Said 11

• If he's giving her the opportunity to choose him that means he's mad up his mind that he wants her and he has chosen her.

• i think they choose each other? lol

• Isn't that essentially the same thing?
    I mean the moment you "give a girl the opportunity to choose u" you already chose her so..

• Exactly true. Guy should never think that picking up a girl. The girl allows herself to be picked up

• It's a perspective. I disagree, guys need to take the lead. It what us ladies want right?

• Hmmm could be but sometimes a girl gives the guy the same option :)

• I think they choose each other.

• no, it's the guy who choose the girls

• I disagree. I feel the guy does the choosing too, otherwise why would he be with you?

I've dated guys who didn't choose me, and it was terrible. Basically they were still hung up on an ex who had left them a long time ago.

I feel like for a good relationship to blossom, both people have to choose each other.

• it's dumb, if she doesn't feel he really want her she will just walk away

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more