He's sad, he's withdrawn and it hurts me. What do I do?

I have been seeing this guy for a while (about 6 months).
Through the Summer holidays we became really in love but then he went back to uni.
Since he has been away he contacts me less, and has taken a step back emotionally.
When we see each other everything is fine but I miss how it used to be all the time.

He is back for holidays and I haven't been able to see him much because I have been working.
His phone broke so he hasn't been able to talk much and i feel like he doesn't want to be with me as much. But then he will say he loves me, get all cuddly etc.
He's been really down too at the moment.

I want him to be happy. I want the summer back. I miss him, the normal him and i don't know what to do?

Note: Tonight and tomorrow he wants to hang out with the boys so I am not staying at his place. However, he told me to stay Thursday and Friday nights (even saying he will pick me up from an event i have at 10pm in the city) - this was all not prompted by me.

What Guys Said 2

• Give him space when he needs it, and be close when he needs it too. Sometimes men withdraw when they are working out problems or tend to distract their feelings with male company or just by being alone.

• visit him unexpectedly and stay with him for a week?

What Girls Said 0