Should I just straight up ask him if he likes me?

I've been out with this guy on 4 or 5 dates now, enough times to have lost count and... nothing. It kind of feels like he just wants to be friends, but he still flirts with me and he's never said no to seeing me. Generally I'm the one who asks him out (because my schedule is hard to work around). If he's not interested then wouldn't he just say no? I'm getting a bit impatient because he hasn't made a move at all. The most physical contact we have is innocent brushing of knees/arms or a goodbye hug.

Is it too straight forward/blunt just to straight out ask if he likes me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so but dont ask it like Hey do you like me Put it in another way but do find out soon.

• Nothing quite that graphic! I thought I'd just say that I liked him and I wanted to know if he likes me or if he only sees us being friends.

• You can find that out pretty easy the next time you get together or even by phone. Good luck

• Thanks for MH

Most Helpful Girl

• If it has been 4 or 5 dates with no hints of potential from his side then you can absolutely take control and ask him what he is feeling about you. Don't make it a big deal but do mention it casually. You have every right to know where you stand.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, you should be straightforward and ask him upfront.

• if someone likes u they're not gonna decide they don't cuz u asked .

• Yes you should

What Girls Said 2

• nope, don't ask. if he likes you, he'll ask

• Well that's what I did with my now-boyfriend. You don't have to be as straightforward though, just hint it or ask questions that could mean that he is interested. Do whatever pleases you m'lady

• Hey I'm in the same boat, in few days I'm gonna go on our 4th date lol (initiated by him), so I was wondering how exactly did you break the ice? :D I'm kind of embarrassed to do it because on our first date I tried to kiss him and he said "not yet".

• Do you guys think I should speak my mind about it next time? Or just go with a flow and wait for him to make a move? I'm kinda bad with reading the signs, I don't have time or energy to wonder about his intentions.

• @little_bird1 Well it totally depends on your feelings for this guy. If you feel like its worth the risk then go for it, but I don't think you being patient could ruin anything.