I have borderline personality disorder. Sometimes I feel like I love my boyfriend, sometimes I don't? What should I do?

He is my first. But I hate my mental illness. Do i actually love him? I have no idea.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• Anxiety and Depression runs in my own family, sweetie, so I can relate. Thank Goodness I don't have this but I do know what they have all gone through and the Best from the Rest thing that I can personally advise you to Do... Is make sure you see a doctor for some much needed medication.
    You cannot continue down a path of destruction with having 'Mental illness.' You will always have a hard time trying to Contend with every day problems in the world, trying to function daily and even Hold on to any sort of real Relationship.
    Everyone you try and bring into your circle, will be forced to have to 'Contend' with your problems, and even on medicine, of course, the right man someday, will have to accept you unconditionally as you go through the motions from time to time.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Guys Said 3

• Imagine your life without him. What would make you feel devastated? How would you feel if he just disappeared one day?

• Make up your mind and if it comes down to it explain the mental illness. if he really likes you he will stay no matter what.

• Wow, u sound a lot of fun.
    Just like a barrel of moneys.

What Girls Said 1

• borderline may make things come in swings for you, but love is like that normally as well. its not always being happy with someone, it has its ups and downs. i think your mental illness makes it confusing and you can't help that, but i say if you continue to have enough feelings that you love him... you really do love him. if it becomes all hate all the time, then maybe not. what do you think?