Meeting for lunch... who pays?

So im having lunch w a guy off the net. We've been talking for quite some time and decided to meet up. Who pays? I dont want to come off the wrong way by offering/not offering.

No silly responses please..

Well G. A. Gers...
I inquired how much the bill was and
... and he told me "dont worry i got this" and i asked if he was sure... and he smiled and said "yes".

Glad for all your advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it a date? Who asked who out?

Either way you should expect to pay half of it. If he offers to take your share it will be a pleasant surprise instead of an expectation and if he doesn't you won't be disappointed. Oh and don't think him not doing it says much about his character. For all we know he could have asked around on gag and had some guys tell him that 50/50 is the current standard.

Most Helpful Girl

• When in doubt go 50/50.

What Guys Said 5

• The guy should pay. Around the Third date you should split the bill

• Depends on whether or not its a date.

• He absolutely should! I went on a online date on Saturday and she didn't offer to pay for anything, which was perfectly fine with me.

• Just pay separately. It's the easiest way.

• He should pay

What Girls Said 4

• Offer to pay for yourself...

• I'd say bring your wallet so you don't seem presumptuous and then if he pays awesome if not you have money on hand. Most likely if you try to pay for yourself he will turn you down at least thats what's happened in my experience

• I say you offer to go halfsies on the bill or just ask for your things to be on a separate bill. As time goes on he'll probably feel more inclined to pay for things but since it's just lunch I don't think its a big deal if you pay for your meal.

• Go halves.