Does dating age matter?

If your a 16 year old girl dating a 14 year old boy could you get in trouble? And is it wrong? Or is it okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• you might be close enough where they wouldn't do anything, but the age of consent is 16

• Thats the thing ill be turing 16 this summer and he will be turning 14

• I don't know if it counts as statutory rape if you are both under 18

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on where you live. In many places, 16 is the age of consent, so anyone under 16 can't legally consent to sexual acts. Obviously you can date someone with kissing them and whatever, but it can still get messy. If parents find out they can launch an investigation.

What Guys Said 2

• Your age difference is just 2 years, I don't see any kind of problem.

• I got told it could count as statatory rape if that kinda thing were to happen although it wouldn't

• Well, I don't think that you can be accused of statutory rape as a minor. At least where I live you don't. Maybe laws where you live are different but I don't think it's likely since you're a minor too. So, basically, if two minors have sex here nothing happens. Like I said though, laws can be different where you live.

• That's legal. But when you reach the magic number 18, you gotta stop sex for a couple years until he turns 18. Otherwise you're a rapist. Because America.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, I think it's weird. Like, date someone your age if you're 16. You won't get in trouble, I don't think, but it's definitely not acceptable in my eyes. :/ Everyone has their own opinions though and they can do whatever they want.

• He's under age of consent and he's way too young to be involved with a 16 year old.