Is it strange to value intelligence as one of the biggest factors in wanting to date someone?

I feel like these days people are only looking for someome they want to fuck and then just jump into dating them. I'm all for having a friends with benefits situation or something if you need to get laid, but for me I need to really respect a girls intellgence and personality if I am even going to consider dating. Is that strange or rare these days?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's not strange at all.
    Obviously sexual chemistry is important, but I'd never want to have sex with someone who can't carry a good conversation with myself/others, or have average intellect, at the very least.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• no, it's normal.

• I think its important to be able to talk, and yes intelligence is important, what is it with the getting laid, people should try to get to know eachother first, talk and express their feelings. Dating is so frustrating, I think that its hard to find the right guy or girl (Im a girl) to be as conversation oriantated as ones self, so Im all for the intellectual, reading nerd, so no your on the right tract...

• I think it's rare. I actually appreciate it that you find you need to respect a girl's intelligent and personality before you start dating. Not many guys do.

• I see what you're doing. Trying to make yourself seem like a "special snowflake" your type is worse than the people that are just looking for sex. Dude, you are not special or cooler.

What Guys Said 0