Do you believe that straight guys and girls can be friends?

Assuming that both are attractive and super close to each other, do you think that you'd be able to be friends with someone of the gender you're attracted to without ever thinking about making this into more? If you choose not to go beyond being friends, what would your reason most likely be?

• Yes, absolutely!
  • No, there will be feelings at some point.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. If they are attractive to each other at all, as they get closer and their friendship deepens, at some point, one of them will look at the other and think "I already deeply care for this person, and I find them attractive. Why I am Looking elsewhere for romance or love, when I have someone I am this good with, right here?"

And because feelings will usually only come from ONE of them, and not the other? The friendship gets weird, and ends.
    Friendship between two attractive, heterosexual people of opposite genders will either end in hurt feelings and going separate ways, or a relationship.

And judging by girls in your poll? It is usually the guys who find themselves falling in love, and girls working to stay intentionally ignorant of how he feels, because they are OK with how things are.

What Guys Said 10

• @mooky06 chillin d00d

• Yes, it is possible.

• I've always ended up sleeping with my attractive female friends. so i say I can't just be friends with an attractive women.

• They can be friends until one of the two starts developing feelings through the platonic intimacy friends share.

• You're asking two different questions. Can they just be friends? Absolutely. Is there going to be some feelings at some point? Possibly, doesn't mean it will be acted on.

• What would the reasoning for you be to not act upon it, if both are single?

• It's possible, but rare. If both people are attractive and really good friends, at least one of them is very likely to want to progress beyond friendship. And why wouldn't you want to date someone you love being around and find attractive?

• My best friend is a straight girl. I've had several straight girl best friends in the past.

• It is entirely possible for guys and girls to be friends.

yes;

• no .

• No, the minute she wears a tight mini and bends in front of him, forget the friendship. he will have a hard-on like there ain't no tomorrow

What Girls Said 4

• Well... If we are that close and I am attracted to him in some way, romantically or physically, it's possible that it happens at some point... But it doesn't mean I need to act on it.
    However, a lot of times you just don't see them in that way. Sometimes you just get so used to them, that you never think about them in that way.

• i think we can be. because yeah the guy may be attractive, but if we became friends instead of dating, there is definitely some kind of reason behind that. i have a guy friend who is attractive and really cool to talk to but i would nott want to date him. he just doesn't excite me in that way. i can't even imagine being more then friends.

• My best friend is a guy. So, yes. I do.

• Yes absolutely. I have been friends with a guy since back in high school. If anything other then friendship has crossed his mind he has never acted on it.